Keys

jgbigguy

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, me again with another quick question. Keys, i only have 1 i know that i need to get the 2nd one programmed from the dealer. But i ordered the OEM blanks online, question is should i have the dealer cut the keys too...does the dealer need to cut the keys? or can i take them in to get cut just the dealer needs to program them?

Do you need us to hold your hand through everything? A little research goes a long way.

Do you need us to hold your hand through everything? A little research goes a long way.
"need you to" no, and i did try a search through the forums but ended up getting busy at work so i thought id ask. Might just be me but i thought a forum was a place for people to come and talk about their cars cuz they enjoy talking about their cars and helping other people out. While i have gotten quite a bit of help here and other places, i don't think ive been a member of any other forum that is so critical about asking questions. I understand that people don't want to be repeating the answers to the same questions, and i understand that i have a lot at the moment; however, i don't think it's a big deal to ask a quick question that has a short quick answer. Its not like im asking for a step by step on how to change my lower intake manifold gasket, or a step by step on how to tint your tail lights, or even an explanation on how to decode my vin number.

A google search would have squared you away. "Keys" and "Key fobs" could have just been one thread. Anyway, kinda glad you did make the thread because I never would have thought they make the german switchblade style key for other vehicles. Going to give one a try.

A google search would have squared you away. "Keys" and "Key fobs" could have just been one thread. Anyway, kinda glad you did make the thread because I never would have thought they make the german switchblade style key for other vehicles. Going to give one a try.

I bought one off ebay a while ago. It lasted 6 months.......

you are very right, i could have made it one thread, but in my defense i came across the key and key fob questions at different times. i ordered one of those VW style switch blade keys as well. I work midnights and just got my LS so im still pretty excited about it, and a few of the posts ive posted were me sitting at work with an ebay page open ready to buy something just wanted to double check with the knowledgeable members on here before i hit the purchase button. Thanks for the help you guys.

Some dealers can't even cut keys and will send you to a locksmith.

Members online

No members online now.
Back