Keyless entry codes

earlfleetwood

LVC Member
Reaction score
:confused: I bought my 2001 conti with no paperwork from the prior owner. I would like to be able to use the keyless entry keypad, but do not know the prior owners code. I looked in the trunk on the supports for a code, but I see nothing. Any other way of finding out the factory code? Thanks!!!

keep looking around.. there were various places that the code is placed.. trunk supports are just one.

inside glove box..
the little card that ford gave the original owner..
on the keyless controller itself (not sure where its located on your car, but it WILL have the code on it, I can promise that).

I found a code sticker behind my license plate (the dealership did this in case they locked themselves out) and on the trunk hinge arm on my 91 conti.

Keypad Reset?

Hey... What up folks... Been a while...

My sister just bought a Ford Taurus... (Yeah I know... )
And she bought it from a (Body Shop) used car joint... (Yeah, I know)
Won't ever figure out why she didn't talk to me first.

Anyway... The car has a keypad on the door? I looked in all the likely places
Trunk supports; Glovebox... Couldn't find the sticker.

I know there is a way to RESET the code - Care less about what it was

I also know the smart folks in this community know how to do it!!!!!
Please post up my friends... THANKS KINDLY

what year?? the 88-94's were nearly identical to the conti. In which case, the controller is probably mounted in the trunk, on the back of the seat (you will have to remove the trunk liner). on the module you will find the preset (non-changable without a lot of work) factory code. it will be like this:

*XXXXX* where x is a digit from 1-0

without that code, you cannot program in a 2nd code. in order to change the factory code, you need to disassemble the controller, and mess around inside it.

if its a later year, I cant help much.

ps.. just disconnecting the battery will erase the 2nd code, and reset the system to default mode of operation

Thanks for the help... I also called Max from 5 Star.
I know I need the original code before able to reprogram.
This car is a 2006 or 2007 not sure; anyway Max said the
code is/may be located on the Junction Box under the dash
or in the trunk somewhere behind the carpet liner.

I'll report back and take a photo if I remember.

Thanks MichiganTeddyBear!

Peace Y'all,

JC

I have yet to find it!!

So, if anyone has a 2001 continental, please help. I did find a white sticker in the trunk with a 5 digit # on it. I entered it in the keypad and nothing. Just installed sirius radio, that is nice!

1 enter the factory set code (keypad will illuminate)
2 press 1/2 button within 7.5 seconds
3 enter your pesonal 5 digit code
4 enter the 6th digit 1/2 recalls settings 1, 3/4 recalls setting 2, 9/0 do not recall a seat setting.

All the doors will lock and unlock to confirm programming of the new code.

with the code entered the drivers door should unlock, pressing 3/4 after will unlock all doors, 5/6 will open trunk, 7/8 and 9/0 will lock all doors.

i have a 97 lincoln mark 8 son locked keys in car how can i get the code to the keyless entry with out paying pop a lock or a dealer 4 code can sum1 help me

Members online

No members online now.
Back