Keyless entry codes...........

bufordtpisser

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
My friend just purchased a 1998 Conti. Can anyone tell me all of the codes that can be used on the keyless entry. I mean things like 7/8 9/0 to lock the doors and so on. He did not get a manual with the car.

TIA

7/8 9/0 to lock the doors
3/4 to unlock passenger door.
5/6 for the trunk? hell, i dont remember.

1/2 to program a new user code. Enter factory code, press 1/2 then type in the user code. I always followe by 7/8 9/0.

The user code will not erase the factory code.

I need help ASAP..I have a 97 Lincoln Continental... what are where is keycode...I have keys, but alarm goes off if I dont put code in..i cant remember it..Dealer is no help..Im losing it trying to get in my car !!

It's last button of you code will unlock the drivers door, 3/4 unlocks everyone elses, 5/6 gets the trunk. 7/8 9/0 (same time) locks all doors, you do not need to enter the code to lock the doors. Just push the 2 buttons down together and they lock. Just like frog man said. Also set the code to the last 3 buttons on the pad. I've had 2 pads break already, on both of them the first 2 buttons quit working. It's easy to change the pad out, but the 70 bucks will killya. I've learned from my mistake, who cares if i just keep pushing 9/0 ,9/0, 9/0, 9/0, 9/0.

If you are using keys to enter your locked Continental, you must turn the key all the way to the left to disarm the alarm, then turn the key right to unlock the car.

i think my 00 conti is broke. The car responds to the factory code (or at least what i assume the factory code is - 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8, 1/2) by unlocking, locking, trunk pop etc...
But when i go to enter a new code or try to erase any old codes if there are any, it doesn't respond. Correct me if i'm wrong but to enter a new code I enter the factory code, press 1/2, enter the new 5-digit code, and press either 1/2, 3/4, or 9/0. Nothing happens...

I was bored and decided to use my scanner:D

003.jpg

004.jpg

i think my 00 conti is broke. The car responds to the factory code (or at least what i assume the factory code is - 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8, 1/2) by unlocking, locking, trunk pop etc...
But when i go to enter a new code or try to erase any old codes if there are any, it doesn't respond. Correct me if i'm wrong but to enter a new code I enter the factory code, press 1/2, enter the new 5-digit code, and press either 1/2, 3/4, or 9/0. Nothing happens...

never mind, im an idiot. That wasn't the factory code i was using, i just assumed it was.

Members online

No members online now.
Back