Keep or sell?

MrWilson

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
hmmm....im thinking of selling the mk8 so i can start a project car (clone 71 trans am). do you think its worth it. how much should she be sold for

barely under 60k
New transmission with j-mod
new front suspension
new alternator
Tc
moonroof

i think thats it, except for more new parts

any help would be appriciated :yourock:

Your nuts!
icon10.gif
Just mod the Mark. It'll be faster and ride 10 times better than the Trans Am. And if you throw some 17-18's on with some nice tint and lower it 2", it can be a pretty badass looking car.

You can toss a used Vortech (or simliar) on there and run 6-8 psi and see close to 350-400 to the wheels. What is wrong with that.

You can start with a J-Mod on the trans and then add some 4:10's and a Trac-loc. The list goes on and on. The 4.6 market is just starting to come of age. If you pull your motor, you can use the shortblock as a core charge credit and pick up a new built shortblock for about $2K with the right pistons, rings and rods and really go to town. With the right shortblock and some larger injectors, 500 rwhp is easily within reach. That will make you forget all about the TA, I guarantee you. Keep the "b" heads you have and have them ported. They flow pretty well. The Gen 1 intake is also good for a blown application. Ford did almost everything right with this car except for the pistons, rings and rods. Even the cast crank can hold alot of hp. I might toss on a high performance oil pump to keep things lubed but I would stay away from the billets that are just too hard and have a tendency to walk and do some grinding.

We need more guys modding these cars, not selling them off to go backwards in time. In 20 years, these will be the cars to play with, I'm pretty sure of that.

MonsterMark said:
Your nuts!
icon10.gif
Just mod the Mark. It'll be faster and ride 10 times better than the Trans Am. And if you throw some 17-18's on with some nice tint and lower it 2", it can be a pretty badass looking car.

You can toss a used Vortech (or simliar) on there and run 6-8 psi and see close to 350-400 to the wheels. What is wrong with that.

You can start with a J-Mod on the trans and then add some 4:10's and a Trac-loc. The list goes on and on. The 4.6 market is just starting to come of age. If you pull your motor, you can use the shortblock as a core charge credit and pick up a new built shortblock for about $2K with the right pistons, rings and rods and really go to town. With the right shortblock and some larger injectors, 500 rwhp is easily within reach. That will make you forget all about the TA, I guarantee you. Keep the "b" heads you have and have them ported. They flow pretty well. The Gen 1 intake is also good for a blown application. Ford did almost everything right with this car except for the pistons, rings and rods. Even the cast crank can hold alot of hp. I might toss on a high performance oil pump to keep things lubed but I would stay away from the billets that are just too hard and have a tendency to walk and do some grinding.

We need more guys modding these cars, not selling them off to go backwards in time. In 20 years, these will be the cars to play with, I'm pretty sure of that.

:I

MonsterMark said:
Your nuts!
icon10.gif

:I

yeah, yeah...but that is BIG mone, and i have figgured that i can get the trans and swap the motor to a new one that i have been talkin to someone about (450 hp/ 480 lb ft. on a 400 6.6L) for about 6 total+3 for a T-56 i want for it. it just seems too expensive to get that power with a 4.6. If you guys can point out some places i can get cheep reliable parts then that might help me change my mind. Anyways ,i migt be able to find a way to have my cake and eat it too. (i might be commin into some money that will be able to help me buy the t/a without having to sell the mk, just means that i wont be able to get the t/a on the streets as soon as i want) :L :steering oh yeah, and :I

then again, if i were to do a motor swap or somthing with the mk, then i think it would wind up with a 460 (mommie works for ford :) )

You know, with all of the 'hired' help posting on this thread you would think one of you would have mention that this question would probably be best answered on the Mark VIII forum!

:ban

Why rush to put the T/A on the road in the middle of winter? If it's not going anywhere I would keep the Lincoln and save to buy the Poncho :D

Ewww poncho! ( i do like the poncho) I dont want a collecters car, the second gen ta is rare enough, id be affraid to drive the ponch. (winter driving is FUN with rwd, i dont understand why everyone i talk to is so affraid of it?)

now making 500 rwhp, would be bad for me with this car ( correct me if wrong) because it would start ripping out lots of parts, and would be eating up the motor, and would have to be running on what, 94 or higher octane?

Members online

No members online now.
Back