K&N Install Help

V8inMA

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Attempted to install the K&N CAI and ran into a problem. Trying to re-attach plastic hose and it will not connect ( see picture). I first tried it with it on the car and then took it back off to have more room and it will not connect. Maybe there is some magic that I am missing to get it to reconnect. Any help would be appreciated.

k&n.jpg

Hi Guys,

Attempted to install the K&N CAI and ran into a problem. Trying to re-attach plastic hose and it will not connect ( see picture). I first tried it with it on the car and then took it back off to have more room and it will not connect. Maybe there is some magic that I am missing to get it to reconnect. Any help would be appreciated.

View attachment 828488190

IIRC as it's been a while, that hose doesn't snap-in the nipple as it does in the stock tube. I think that's just a vent tube anyway and there's no vacuum or pressure in that tube. If you don't have directions the K&N website has them as a pdf.

It's hard to think outside the box now and then. Logic says ....

Steps #24-25 in Loud's instruction post. You need to separate the oem hose, and slide the supplied hose from the kit over the barb of the oem fitting.

If your kit was used and that piece was missing, you will have to find a proper replacement. Make sure it is heat/oil friendly material.

Thank you for the replies guys. It did come with instructions and the ones I have are slightly different than the ones Loud linked. It did not come with the silicone hose shown in step 25. Below my instructions show using the original hose. I guess I will have to contact K&N directly and see what they say.

k&n2.jpg

Must be a slight difference in the aluminum vs plastic kit. Does the connection secure to the K&N at all?

Looks like their picture shows a straightened oem hose, yours is still bent, have you tried re-forming it?

It barely connects and any slight movement disconnects it. I tried straightening it but still won't connect. The opening just isn't big enough. Spoke with K&N and sent them a bunch of pictures and waiting to hear back.

Yeah, still have the box it came in? send it back .... it's apparently too complicated for you!

Good to know you have it all figured out...maybe some day I will be as smart and as cool as you.

Perhaps you will, we can only hope. So difficult to fit a plastic end onto a piece of pipe.

20170605_173638.jpg

Seriously, just fit it on already. Not that difficult.

The outer plastic clasping ring fits overtop on the outside, (and really does nothing when fitted).

The inner plastic tube goes directly into the inside of the K&N pipe.

Line it up and push it all the way in.

Same deal as my 1st GEN ASMI intake.
Same plastic hose. It just fits inside.

20170605_182412.jpg

Members online

Back