K&n Fuel Injection Performance Kit, 57 Series Fipk, Generation 2, Cold Air Intake

Which one would you choose?

• KKM True-Rev Sport Induction Intake Kit

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • K&N TYPHOON AIR INTAKE SYSTEM, COMPLETE COLD AIR SYSTEM, POLISHED

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • K&N FUEL INJECTION PERFORMANCE KIT, 57 SERIES FIPK, GENERATION 2, COLD AIR INTAKE

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

midi_junkie

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
You can see my vote in my signature.

Motor#2.jpg

Either of the K&N units will perform well but the non metal one will heat soak less providing the best overall performance.

Hey guys, Im new here...I have a 2003 V8 LS, and am having the same dilema. I dont know which K&N to purchase. I like the aluminum tube on the Typhoon but it does state the FIPK provides a little more HP. I have also noticed the FIPK was iinstalled in mostly trucks and the Typhoon in mostly cars. If anyone has experience with the 2 and can provide some advice, I would greatly appreciate it!!

Is there a K&N filter with heatshield for a gen 1 V8? i didn't see anything other than the drop in, which i already have...

Hey guys, Im new here...I have a 2003 V8 LS, and am having the same dilema. I dont know which K&N to purchase. I like the aluminum tube on the Typhoon but it does state the FIPK provides a little more HP. I have also noticed the FIPK was iinstalled in mostly trucks and the Typhoon in mostly cars. If anyone has experience with the 2 and can provide some advice, I would greatly appreciate it!!

The dyno on a 03 T-Bird 3.9L V8 shows a 15.69 hp @ 6000 gain at the rear wheels, should be exactly the same gain for 03+ LS.

OK, I just made up my mind, thanks for all your assistance guys! I just ordered the 57. I would have purchased it from LSKoncepts but I got it off ebay brand new for 220 including shipping! Ill let you know after I get it and install it

16 hp is alot for $220

Then add SCT Xcal2 with custom tunes ($400) you a gain another 14 hp. With both you can really feel the difference in performance. I can squawk the tires with the 2nd to 3rd shift or set the traction control light flashing if not turned off.

OK, I just made up my mind, thanks for all your assistance guys! I just ordered the 57. I would have purchased it from LSKoncepts but I got it off ebay brand new for 220 including shipping! Ill let you know after I get it and install it
We've never made claims that we were the cheapest on the net. However, you do get customer service and someone to call when you have problems. We can sometimes match prices like that but when people sell those on eBay below K&N's MAP (minimum advertised prices) then there is not much we can do but report it to the manufacturer. Magnaflow is HUGE on MAP prices and we have got two cease and desist letters from them because we advertised the prices below their MAP.

Ken, I love your website. Also, your 100% right about the customer service. I have purchased many things from you and never had one problem with them. Also I must admit you are very knowledgeable and respond quickly to any questions. Im gung-ho LSKoncepts!!
-- What exactly is SCT Ccal2? Is that a computer chip or something? Also is it hard to install?

I am thinking about putting the K&N 57 series on my 03 LS V8. I have read different reviews on adding CAI to their LS hand having problems with hot air being sucked into it from the engine compartment as well as reduced fuel mileage. I would like to hear from some of you who have used the K&N 57 and what your thougts are.

Thanks

I am thinking about putting the K&N 57 series on my 03 LS V8. I have read different reviews on adding CAI to their LS hand having problems with hot air being sucked into it from the engine compartment as well as reduced fuel mileage. I would like to hear from some of you who have used the K&N 57 and what your thougts are.

Thanks

Ill let you know once I install mine!! But I think what everyone was talking about was the KKM intake. The KKM intake doesn't have a heat shield so on hot days or while sitting at a red light the intake will suck up that hot air. The K&N's DO have a heat shield which I would think either eliminates or atleast reduces the hot air intake into the engine.

Ken, I love your website. Also, your 100% right about the customer service. I have purchased many things from you and never had one problem with them. Also I must admit you are very knowledgeable and respond quickly to any questions. Im gung-ho LSKoncepts!!
-- What exactly is SCT XCal2? Is that a computer chip or something? Also is it hard to install?

There has been a lot written on this, you can’t change chips in a LS you reprogram the computer.

Here is one of many threads that will have the information and discussion.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=30687&highlight=sct+flasher

Members online

No members online now.
Back