K&N drop in..?

quickblue302

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Can attest to one bing worth the money from a performance stand point? I'm not a rookie so maf contamination won't be a problem. I'm trying to eek out lil more hp with out spending tons of money on a converter or gears. Also, I don't believe a cat back system is worth any kinda hp I.e lms?

You're discrediting gears/converter and exhaust mods(from a financial standpoint which I can understand) in favor of a K&N drop in filter that will gain you next to nothing for power. And I mean right next to nothing, so like 1 rwhp. Keep feeding the Mark8 piggy bank dude. ;)

Also, I don't believe a cat back system is worth any kinda hp I.e lms?

And I believe that you are wrong. :)

Cat back has been dyno proven by LMS.
Don't know about HP gains of k&n but I run them

The advantage of a drop in is that it'll pay for itself in about 2-3 washes and I wash mine (bought vehicle with it) about every other oil change. Figure a fram or stp filter is like $12-15 k&n is around 40-50 and cleaning kit is $15 so $55-65.

I run K&N on my MK VIII'S I did pick up a washable FRAM filter for my pickup. I'll never use it switched to a K&N kit

Ditch the stock manifolds and cats in favor of cobra manifolds which are less restrictive..have an exhaust shop bend up a dual system for it with some kind of cross over.

Gears and converter don't get you any more hp,

I think plenty of people on here associate going faster with rwhp. Which while mostly true is not totally true when it comes to holeshot modifications which is what gears and a stall really are. I have about 260 rwhp right now and ran a mid-13. Why? Because in addition to the intake and exhaust I have huge gears and a huge stall. I would never run what I do if I didn't have 4.30s and a 3800 stall. (Obviously) And that is also why I always mention that if you are going to be a nancy pants and complain about steep gears and big stalls, you will never go fast na, period. You have 4000# underneath your ass and it has to get moving. And by the way, I get 17 mpg mixed driving and close to 20 mpg for highway mileage also with my "gas-sucking" mods for all of the scaredy cats in that department too.

I want more power or to go faster but don't want to spend any money. Yeah, that doesn't work.

Members online

Back