Just registered 4/13

Fatmac

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi All, my name is Jack and I have just bought a 95 MK VIII, metallic Cream w/Blk&Tan interior, 180k miles. Runs well has a few issues but that is expected. Working on those. I have owned in the past a MK VII was a great car. Got a great price on the VIII so I couldn't pass it up ($1800). Needless to say owning a MK before I had an idea of what to expect. You'll see more post from me in the future as thing progress. As posted earlier have trouble with the interior light and with the air ride, but I have already gotten in touch with Eddie@American Air. The only other problem I have with the car is the headlights, I've driven cars with brighter parking lights, for now I use the high beams to get to work in the AM but they barely light the road enough to see. Oh and another question, this car had the original cell phone installed. I know that it won't work with todays system but is there a way to hook up my cell phone to the inboard system without blowing up the cell phone?
Thanks to all for any post and replies.
Jack

Congrats on the car and welcome to LVC!

Nice post Ford Nut. How long did that take? Have you tried any spray on chrome?

Nice post Ford Nut. How long did that take? Have you tried any spray on chrome?

It is a nice post 93' Blue on blue did a great write up on the right way IMHO to fix gen one head lights.
I never tried spray but I would do what 93' Blue on blue did without thinking about it.
Matter of fact I am going to do it soon.
I think jamie97lsc who came up with the fix said you just need a few good quiet hours to pull it off.

Members online

Back