Just picked up a Navi

Lincoln Luebbe said:
If you torque down the bolts in the bottom of the rear center console it should help with the noise. We had a 2003 and that was fixed that way. We had it from 17000 miles to 43000 miles and I ended up getting rid of it because it seemed every week something new went wrong with it. No shuddering from your doors? Mine literally sounded like they were shaking when I would go over any little bump in the road. I truley never new how irregular roads were until I bought that Lincoln. It was by far the noisiest vehicle I have ever rode in. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love Lincoln, but I wouldn't take that particular car back for $100.00. Traded for a Zephyr, lost about $10000.00 on trade in. The funny thing is they wanted to affer me less than trade in market because the new my car had a "repair history." Post pics if you can-and good luck with yours!!

Thank you for the information on the console bolts. As for the doors, when I test drove it, I thought they sounded "cheap" when I closed them. But, coming out of Chevrolet trucks that have a little weight in the doors, I'm getting used to it. I like a solid sound when I close the door, and one of my pet peeves is people SLAMMING my vehicle doors, no reason for that. I'm sorry you had bad luck with yours, I'm hoping for the best with mine, as I plan to have it until the wheels fall off. I have never driven an SUV as comfortable as this and "fits" me. Here are some crappy pictures, can't wait until the weather is cooperative and I can take some better ones. Thank you for your help. :)

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

Beautiful truck. I still think they are the best looking vehicle on the road. We had a black with black interior also. Again, good luck with yours!

My doors still rattle like s SOB and I still have yet to fix my seats to get hot. I added some xdrilled/slotted rotors all around and they look good through my 24s. Still run really good without a problem so I'm happy for that. I love the towing with this thing though. A good amount of power but it's fallling behind with all of the new SUVs coming out now.

ebay2.jpg

We had a '04 with door problems too. There was a TSB for a fix years ago, but basically it was the outside plastic pieces that would rattle. Fords fix was to place some foam back there. I remember also using some double sided tape between the plastic and the door skin and that helped.

Also the truck was noisy, especially in the winter, but as for squeaks it was much quieter than the brand new Chevy Avalanche I road in this summer. Oh my goodnes and it was warm out.

BTW we had out Navi from new until we sold it with 75k miles. Got a new '08 a couple of months ago. So far we like the looks of our old one (Black on gray ultimate with monotone), but I love the six speed tranny. Good luck with it.

Members online

Back