Just one more reason to hate the car I love....

cobrabird

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Driving around earlier this week I notice a new sound coming from under the car. Just recently converted to coils, so I hear all kinds of noises I didn't have with air. This one however, was more annoying. Something was apparently loose and hitting the bottom of the car. What could it be...?

Put her up on the ramps, roll myself up underneath the car to start yanking on stuff like exhaust, shocks, whatever else I thought might move. Everything is tight...! So as I lay there starring at the bottom of the car I notice this large black piece of rubber swinging around my sway bar. Looks a lot like the bushing that should be in the clamp holding my sway bar onto the car. Only problem is, there is only one clamp on the sway bar and the other side is just floating there. Apparently at some point the other clamp broke off of the sway bar. About a quarter of the clamp remains, as well as the bolt to tighten the clamp. So the noise I've been listening to is my sway bar banging against the bottom of the car.

So whatever. Easy fix right? Except for the fact that noboby (autozone, o'reillys, advanced auto) carries that parts.

Anyone know where else would be a good place to try to find this? "Junkyard" answer already used... lol

Every part that has broken for me on this car happens to be something they don't make anymore!! LOVE MY LINCOLN!!!:)

Thanks man!!! You are the @#%$%!!!! What would we do without you? Do you have any available if I need it?

Thanks man!!! You are the @#%$%!!!! What would we do without you? Do you have any available if I need it?

You'll need to accurately measure your bar and send me that info along with your payment. It'll take me 2-3 business days to order the correct bushings, make, and then ship the kit to you.

I'm going to go ahead and order the 1 1/4" bushings and make up a kit. It's the size that I sell the most, so it won't hurt to have in stock.

Members online

No members online now.
Back