Just have to mention...

Screw-Rice

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
This is seriously one of the best boards I have ever been on. Both before and after I bought my Mark. All my questions have been answered and knowledgeable suggestions get offered openly.

Since I bought my car, I have had messages sent to me by a lot of members. Bunch of you guys have given me suggestions on where to start with mods, what works better than others and where to find deals.

I have phone numbers of some of you guys and are always more than willing to take time out to answer questions. I have been on a lot of forums since I have had a lot of different cars. I can only think of two other sites that had people willing to go out of their ways to help another member that they had never even met.

Hell, most of us are strangers by basic definition. Yet I have seen guys offer parts and assistance to other members to get their cars up and running. I just feel "at home" on this board. So just wanted to give props to all you guys.

Ha, if anybody wants to drive a lincoln mark viii without a bunch of problems and without paying ford out the butt all the time, they're going to be here! I would go out of my way to help a fellow member whose stranded.

..Houston has a message board, where people list their: name, number, what hours they can help if non emergency/emergency, and what equipment they have to help with (i.e. truck&trailer, tools, or just if they would be able to give somebody a ride somewhere) ..And everybody who is willing to help gets a sheet with everybody elses info on it. People have had accidents in street races, wrecked while drunk, or broke down with no roadside service, and they call people according to equipment needed, location, and time of day. People that haven't met each other help each other on the spot. It's pretty neat. Maybe we could do that "per state" for example.

I broke down north of Dallas at 11:45 pm (belt tensioner pulley was grinding against front cover on my way to Iowa) with no means except to have my brother in law trail up from Houston after going to Orielleys (who stayed open until he arrived to get the part- 20 mins after midnight) and getting the part I needed. What a pain for him! Would've been nice to have some dallas members' numbers maybe with a parts car. It was a 3 minute 30 dollar fix and it cost me almost 4 hours, 30 dollars in parts, and 30 in gas for him.

Members online

No members online now.
Back