Just got rearended...

Dartastic

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
My 8 yr old and I in my 2004 LS were sitting at a stop sign in a line of cars and all of the sudden "Boom". An older Toyota pickup with a steel bumper slams into us. Young guy. Looked scared as hell. Got out and expected to see my rear all pushed. NOt a scratch!! LOL!! The guy wasnt going that fast but it scared the hell out of me. His bumper was very dented and pushed in. Moral? If you have to get rearended I reccommend being in an LS!

Glad to hear that you and your 8 year old are OK, Lincolns are tough.

glad to hear things are ok on your end ;) one of the guys I work with drives an Explorer XLT with a hitch one morning a kid in a wanna be ricer honda smacked right back into his hitch. That honda was ****ed up dude I work with goes out sees the damage to the kids car and looks at his car and it's fine but he notices his hitch was a bit scratched so he messed with the kid and acted like he was flippin out for the kid to give him 5 bucks for a can of spray paint for the hitch then drove off, he said the look on the kids face was priceless :D

my friend was driving his paretns astrovan with a hitch on it. A nice ass benz rear ends him, the guy back up and his bumper was stuck on the hitch. My friend pulls the bumper off the hitch, puts it on the ground and was like see ya.

my rear end held up pretty good too, for slamming into a guard rail... :(

100_1856 (Small).JPG

100_1857 (Small).JPG

^^^^ HYdroplane???

My Grandpa was drivin his chevy 1500 (early 90's) and this lady rearended him and his hitch was burined in the front of her brand new caddy.....so she said O im so sorry I didnt see you your car is fine I dont think we need to call the police ....he said sure have a nice day.....put it in gear and stepped on it....ripped the front end off the caddy and didnt look back.......

01lssport said:
You can almost bet that theres some damage under that bumper cover.

The car drives straight. The backup sensors still work. What should I be concerned about?

i wish i can post pics.. i was pretty discombobulated when i passed some freeway.. the light bein blocked by the actual expressway didnt help.. i stopped in the middle of the street.. the other light wasnt green yet.. but the old lady sped into my front end regardless..

Yea the LS's rear is pretty well made, here is mine with the bumper off, I had a bumper damage and part of my quarter panel was damaged, but it's fixed now.

Dartastic, glad to here that you and your kid are alright man..

DSC03594.JPG

Your lucky....my boy driving his 01 stang got rear ended at a stop sign....

he's okay thank god but the stang was scrap, $8000 in damages.

HyeLifeLS said:
Yea the LS's rear is pretty well made, here is mine with the bumper off, I had a bumper damage and part of my quarter panel was damaged, but it's fixed now.

Dartastic, glad to here that you and your kid are alright man..

Thanks. Appreciate it. For some reason I just cant get this minor accident out of my head and Ive been driving 23 years.

I had a very similar situation happen to me. I was at a light and a small older pickup rear ended me but there was no damage to my LS at all. I was amazed.

Members online

No members online now.
Back