Just came across this pic of the Mark VII Concept

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I ran across this and thought you guys would apprecite it.
Right from Pro-five-oh's website.
Check it out... he has a lot of cool history there.

82lincmarkviiconcept2.jpg

Last edited:
lowrider magazine is frabricating a car with a similiar grill to that on a chrysler imperial i think it is.

Hummm,

Looks like Lincoln went from the Norelco razor front end concept in the Mark VII and then finally wound up with the baleen style whale krill catching front end on the Mark VIII. Who designs these cars anyways? Do they actually spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on these decisions? Could you imagine that concept Mark with that grill? Yuck!

MonsterMark said:
Looks like Lincoln went from the Norelco razor front end concept in the Mark VII and then finally wound up with the baleen style whale krill catching front end on the Mark VIII. Who designs these cars anyways?

People who spend years drawing and creating things. I studied automotive design and yes, its treated like a big deal. That concept was rough around the edges (so to speak) but they refined it and the production car turned out pretty nice if you ask me.:)

Car design is a continual process of refinement to make the end product. Unless you are the team who made the Aztec, CTS, or any of the new BMWs. ;)

Wish the current lincoln designers would go to design school for something besides designing a truck

pro-five-oh,

I hear ya on the design side. What I would do different is design the car around the demographic. If you want to make a car designed to appeal to 18-25 yr old males, get a top notch team togehter of 18-25 yr olds. Want to appeal to 40 something soccer moms? Put together a team of women strictly focused on that.

Marketing always, always, always should come first. Engineering second. If the product is not marketed to appeal to the targeted group, all the great engineering in the world won't solve it.

At least that's the way I see things.

MonsterMark said:
If you want to make a car designed to appeal to 18-25 yr old males, get a top notch team togehter of 18-25 yr olds. Want to appeal to 40 something soccer moms? Put together a team of women strictly focused on that.

They already do that, sort of. Focus groups are there, but you can't just get people of a certain demographic and expect them to be able to successfully make a car that has safety, packaging, ergonomics and engineering constraints in it. A good designer (hard to find, BTW) listens to what the market wants, what is currently out there and then designs the best car for the market. Its happened a few times in America, most notably the original Mustang and 1986 Taurus.

I think Marketing has its place, and these days they aren't as involved with the product as they should be. The product comes first, though the current crop of gee-whiz CEOs with mostly Finance backgrounds don't quite get it yet.

Allright, off the soapbox for today. :)

pro-five-oh said:
Thanks for the props, Joey. Much appreciated. :)

Bandwidth friendly address: http://blizzard.he.net/~foxbody/mark.html
"Bandwidth friendly"
I'm an SOB when it comes to ISPs. Yo; I appreciate the free space and the fact that to pay for it, me and my BiJllion friends have to sit through your advertising, but don't penalize me because my site is popular!
My 0.02

Biocow said:
lowrider magazine is frabricating a car with a similiar grill to that on a chrysler imperial i think it is.
Right. But the transportation commision or whoever, will shut it down like they did the proposed VII and the IV. They said there wasn't enough prominent bumper.

The swine!

pro-five-oh said:
People who spend years drawing and creating things. I studied automotive design and yes, its treated like a big deal. That concept was rough around the edges (so to speak) but they refined it and the production car turned out pretty nice if you ask me.:)

Car design is a continual process of refinement to make the end product. Unless you are the team who made the Aztec, CTS, or any of the new BMWs. ;)
Shame on you Pro for not mentioning that sans the number of sections in the grill between 1988 and 1990, that the body of the Mark VII was unchanged from 1984 to 1992.

OldSchool1 said:
Right. But the transportation commision or whoever, will shut it down like they did the proposed VII and the IV. They said there wasn't enough prominent bumper.
its not like lrm car is going to be for production. its just a one off modified car for display on their tour, and how they have it designed it looks to have ample bumper protection. ill try and scan a picture for you guys.

Biocow said:
its not like lrm car is going to be for production. its just a one off modified car for display on their tour, and how they have it designed it looks to have ample bumper protection. ill try and scan a picture for you guys.
Thanks.
Ed at FvC pointed me to the concept Mark X which I turned into wallpaper.

Then I went to the Annual Philadelphia Auto Show and saw the NaviCross which was a cross between the Thunderbird, Mark X and Conti of 1968 with it's suicide doors and skyward door latches.

Ah, here is the link.

OldSchool1 said:
Shame on you Pro for not mentioning that sans the number of sections in the grill between 1988 and 1990, that the body of the Mark VII was unchanged from 1984 to 1992.

Well I thought that would be implied since I pointed everything else out!

I mean, damn!!! What more yous guys want??? LOL!!! ;) :p :D

we want it all!

pro-five-oh said:

pro-five-oh said:

Perfection!

.. and maybe Halle Barry in a thong.

JoshMcMadMac said:
You're bluffing, because if you had either one you would have whored about it by now! :N

I only whore out certain things, Josh. :p

PS: I am a post whore.

I still can't get my avatar on here. I go to "edit avatar"...but it won't let me uncheck the box "do not use an avatar".:confused:

Went to the car show today and found one of the coolest Mark VIII ever. All Mark VIII frame and mid section. 51' Ford front and rear clip. Havnt uploaded the pictures yet. But it is one sweet ride!

Sifrino3 said:
Went to the car show today and found one of the coolest Mark VIII ever. All Mark VIII frame and mid section. 51' Ford front and rear clip. Havnt uploaded the pictures yet. But it is one sweet ride!
Wasd it called a FAIRmark? :)

Where's the pictures Bro?

Members online

No members online now.
Back