Just bought sct x4... does nothing

sleeperLS

LVC Member
Reaction score
So I just got my sct x4 tuner and there is not much you can do with the preloaded tune, does anyone know any custom tunes I can get for my car? It's a 2005 v8. Also is the tune good, how much horse power does it give, and how much

torrie
Unleashed Tuning

there is not a lot of power that can be freed up from a fairly stock LS motor, most of the difference felt is due to the adjustment in how the trans shifts and throttle mapping. definitely nothing like getting my ST tuned where it makes a HUGE difference and opens up about 70ftlbs from a tune and a aftermarket FMIC

torrie
Unleashed Tuning

Well I'm just coming back to my LS & I'm sure plenty has changed in the years I was away but 1LoudLS is right Torrie is who tuned my 02 & it was a pretty noticeable difference but I also had already installed my CAI & Borla exhaust before he did the tune so I can't really say what it will do on a stock gen2.

I can't really say what it will do on a stock gen2.

at least with other TBW cars, some of the biggest differences felt are with having the throttle mapping changed a little more aggressive. this doesn't actually make the car any faster, but the car FEELS faster when less throttle pressing yields the same acceleration as before. especially in response since TBW can often have a little delay programmed in to make the car feel smoother in OEM calibration

Members online

Back