Just a thought - combined LvC Meet

H

HizHonor

This is just a thought.... since many of the NE Chapter members are from the upper NJ and NY areas and quite a few from PA and MD, how about a Meet off the Jersey Turnpike at one of those Rest Stops? A halfway point. There would be ample parking and a choice of eateries ... again, just a thought. :feedback

Have a great weekend! :D

Jack

i called carlisle and i spoke to an event coordinator i am trying to find out if it would be a big issue to have a few caddys at the ford day if we kept out of the main stream and made a large enough total club presence. i am waiting to here back from the person who handles that. i would like to see a considerable presence at carlisle and e-town both. i was thinking of getting a tent made with the lvc logo on it :feedback
eric

HizHonor said:
This is just a thought.... since many of the NE Chapter members are from the upper NJ and NY areas and quite a few from PA and MD, how about a Meet off the Jersey Turnpike at one of those Rest Stops? A halfway point. There would be ample parking and a choice of eateries ... again, just a thought. :feedback

Jack
we could also investigate LVC day at six flags thats pretty close to most exit 7a off njtp. a thought

That's not a bad idea either .... though it might be a little pricey for some ... but it's a good idea ... something to keep in the "good idea" folder! :p

ERIC1 said:
we could also investigate LVC day at six flags thats pretty close to most exit 7a off njtp. a thought

HizHonor said:
That's not a bad idea either .... though it might be a little pricey for some ... but it's a good idea ... something to keep in the "good idea" folder! :p
stuff to kick around wednesday night

ONEBADMK8 said:
Carlisle would be great! We could set up RIGHT NEXT to LOD!!
we could have a combined meet and vendor area. LMS and LVC stuff it would be great. i am sure joey would send me some stuff on consignment or atleastr hed send it to you geno.

That sound like a great idea but I don't think I can make the trek twice. Also isn't the Ford show over the weekend of the 4th? I will be in the Carribean that week :) Back just in time for the GM show

ERIC1 said:
i called carlisle and i spoke to an event coordinator i am trying to find out if it would be a big issue to have a few caddys at the ford day if we kept out of the main stream and made a large enough total club presence. i am waiting to here back from the person who handles that. i would like to see a considerable presence at carlisle and e-town both. i was thinking of getting a tent made with the lvc logo on it :feedback
eric

Raceway park is announcing cruise nights coming 2005 very cool.

HizHonor said:

Jack
Great idea Jack!
Rest stops have resturants and lavatories; two MAIN ingredients of a meet :)

January 15th, 2005 is like the third Saturday. That gives everyone more than four weeks to plan to get free ad cruise down/up the turnpike.

Which rest stop can accomodate like 30 cars without disrupting regular traffic?

I could be into something like that, weather permiting of course. What exit are we looking at?

I would love to go to an informal meet on the njtwp, and I think that one of those non-exit rest areas (one of those that are named after people) would be a fine location. I'm wondering what the weather will be like in late January. The last few years have been pretty miserable in late January, and it would be nice if we could hang out a little around each other's cars.

How doable would it be for anyone this weekend, the 11th or 12th? As far as which rest stop, maybe one of you more local guys could pick the spot. If we could just get a handfull, even 10 to 15, it's a start, and it might be all that's needed to get the ball rolling.

If we could get a handfull, we could take some pictures, and they would be worth a thousand cars. It's a phyche thing! We post the pictures, and it creates something tangible for people to see. When you have something that's real, and other people want it, they cannot stand the fact that they missed out. What happens next is a snowball effect (yeah, we could have a snowball effect in late January, but it might not be with cars meeting in nj) and people make sure that they don't miss out on the next one.

Give it some thought because I would be game this weekend, and I'll try to make this Wednesday's chat.

Somebody from the northern NJ/NY area pick one ... you know them better than I do :p hehehehe

Alexander Hamilton Service Area (113) - accessible to southbound "eastern spur" drivers only.
Public Rest Rooms, Travel Information, Vending Machines, Public Telephones
Food: Roy Rogers
Gas: Sunoco

Grover Cleveland Service Area (94) - accessible to northbound motorists only.
Food: Roy Rogers

Thomas Edison Service Area (94) - accessible to southbound motorists only.
Food: Big Boy, Roy Rogers, TCBY

Joyce Kilmore Service Area (79) - accessible to northbound motorists only.
Food: Bob's Big Boy, Roy Rogers

Molly Pitcher Service Area (72) - accessible to southbound motorists only.
Food: Bob's Big Boy, Mrs. Fields Cookies, Nathan's Restaurant, Roy Rogers, TCBY

Woodrow Wilson Service Area (59) - accessible to northbound motorists only.
Food: Roy Rogers, TCBY

Richard Stockton Service Area (59) - accessible to southbound motorists only.
Public Rest rooms, Travel Information, Vending Machines, Public Telephones
Food: Bob's Big Boy, Nathan's, Roy Rogers, TCBY

J. Fenimore Cooper Service Area (39) - accessible to northbound motorists only.
Public Rest rooms, Travel Information, Vending Machines, Public Telephones
Food: Bob's Big Boy, Roy Rogers, Sunoco Convenience Center, TCBY

Walt Whitman Service Area (29) - accessible to southbound motorists only.
Food: Roy Rogers, TCBY
Other: News & Gift Shop

Clara Barton Service Area (8) - accessible to southbound motorists only.
Food: Bob's Big Boy, Nathan's, TCBY

John Fenwick Service Area (8) - accessible to northbound motorists only.
Food: Bob's Big Boy, Taco Bell

codewize said:
I could be into something like that, weather permiting of course. What exit are we looking at?

happyholidays.jpg

LOL which one is closest to NYS Thruway (I87) exit 15?

HizHonor said:
Somebody from the northern NJ/NY area pick one ... you know them better than I do :p hehehehe

The reason our PA meets (SEPA LSCClub.org/LincolnsOnline) were successful was this. OldSchool would put the meeting date up on the site and leave a post in the forum. It was always every other Saturday of the month and at the same time and place unless there was a car show or other event included. In the 15 meets I went to, there were never less than 10 cars and 12 - 14 people. Just like in the movie; "....build it and they will come." The same applies with the groups. Granted, we're talking 10 states as opposed to 3, but, hey .. post up a date, place and time and see who shows. Then you'll know who's really committed to making the club work. If I'm wrong, tell me...

.....carry on. :soapbox:

an01sts said:
I would love to go to an informal meet on the njtwp, and I think that one of those non-exit rest areas (one of those that are named after people) would be a fine location. I'm wondering what the weather will be like in late January. The last few years have been pretty miserable in late January, and it would be nice if we could hang out a little around each other's cars.

How doable would it be for anyone this weekend, the 11th or 12th? As far as which rest stop, maybe one of you more local guys could pick the spot. If we could just get a handfull, even 10 to 15, it's a start, and it might be all that's needed to get the ball rolling.

If we could get a handfull, we could take some pictures, and they would be worth a thousand cars. It's a phyche thing! We post the pictures, and it creates something tangible for people to see. When you have something that's real, and other people want it, they cannot stand the fact that they missed out. What happens next is a snowball effect (yeah, we could have a snowball effect in late January, but it might not be with cars meeting in nj) and people make sure that they don't miss out on the next one.

Give it some thought because I would be game this weekend, and I'll try to make this Wednesday's chat.

:I
HizHonor said:
The reason our PA meets (SEPA LSCClub.org/LincolnsOnline) were successful was this. OldSchool would put the meeting date up on the site and leave a post in the forum. It was always every other Saturday of the month and at the same time and place unless there was a car show or other event included. In the 15 meets I went to, there were never less than 10 cars and 12 - 14 people. Just like in the movie; "....build it and they will come." The same applies with the groups. Granted, we're talking 10 states as opposed to 3, but, hey .. post up a date, place and time and see who shows. Then you'll know who's really committed to making the club work. If I'm wrong, tell me...

.....carry on. :soapbox:
:iconcur:

Yeah yeah, what they said. Of course, just because someone doesn't show doesn't mean they not trying to make the club work.

:invasion:

I like the Turnpike thing... Something around Exit 8 or 7 is kind of midway.

Although all sounds good to me..

I didn't mean it the way it sounded. Of course, everyone contributes in their own way. I happen to take an active part and try and show up for all the meets. I only missed 2 and one "unofficial" meet because I joined the LoL forum after they were scheduled. I mean no one is "obligated" to show up. I'm just one of those folks that enjoys the comraderie of the meets. Besides, a few hours away from the wife on Saturdays can be a GOOD theraputic thing! :p

codewize said:
Yeah yeah, what they said. Of course, just because someone doesn't show doesn't mean they not trying to make the club work.

:invasion:

I was just lookingout for myself. I would love to go to all the meets, and if they were an hour or so away, I would. I guess maybe not everyone considers a 4 hour drive 'to far' but it is quite a way.

I just don't want people feeling like I'm not contributing because I don't show up. Not to mention the last time I drove to PA for the WMMR show, no one so much as talked to me except Katshot and Dave, the other 2 caddi guys.

HizHonor said:
I didn't mean it the way it sounded. Of course, everyone contributes in their own way. I happen to take an active part and try and show up for all the meets. I only missed 2 and one "unofficial" meet because I joined the LoL forum after they were scheduled. I mean no one is "obligated" to show up. I'm just one of those folks that enjoys the comraderie of the meets. Besides, a few hours away from the wife on Saturdays can be a GOOD theraputic thing! :p

I understand totally. Besides, if you remember right, the weather kept most of us right by the cars wiping them down then ducking out of the rain! LOL I wasn't on LvC at that time so it was a quick intro to you and Kevin (Katshot) by OldSchool (John) John and I really didn't talk much to anyone except the folks looking at our cars. It was late when a few more of our group finally got to the show. The Mark VIII guys were up to the right closest to the mall and the Mustang guys were next, then me, John and his wife in the TC and the Mark VII and V then some other cars then you guys were at the end of the row. Well, hopefully next year's will be a bit more organized. :p I hope to get to a few of your Noo Yawkahs' meets this spring and summer. :cool:

codewize said:
I was just lookingout for myself. I would love to go to all the meets, and if they were an hour or so away, I would. I guess maybe not everyone considers a 4 hour drive 'to far' but it is quite a way.

I just don't want people feeling like I'm not contributing because I don't show up. Not to mention the last time I drove to PA for the WMMR show, no one so much as talked to me except Katshot and Dave, the other 2 caddi guys.

HizHonor said:
I understand totally. Besides, if you remember right, the weather kept most of us right by the cars wiping them down then ducking out of the rain! LOL I wasn't on LvC at that time so it was a quick intro to you and Kevin (Katshot) by OldSchool (John) John and I really didn't talk much to anyone except the folks looking at our cars. It was late when a few more of our group finally got to the show. The Mark VIII guys were up to the right closest to the mall and the Mustang guys were next, then me, John and his wife in the TC and the Mark VII and V then some other cars then you guys were at the end of the row. Well, hopefully next year's will be a bit more organized. :p I hope to get to a few of your Noo Yawkahs' meets this spring and summer. :cool:
thats why i want to make meetings in all types of different areas. close to most.
Eric

Well, is this feasable? Start up a "Meet Committee". How about asking for volunteers from each state or in the case of small states close together, to head up the making the arrangements for individual meets and then maybe 4 times between spring and fall, there's a general LvC meet say halfway between
Maryland and Maine? Or something along those lines. I'm committed to the LSCClub.org / LoL meets every other Saturday starting in March. I have no problems with an LvC meet on one of the other Saturdays. Also a combined LvC/LSCClub.org/LoL on one other Saturday. Confused? Nahhhhhh...

March 5th: SEPA LSCClub.org/LoL meet

March 12: SEPA LSCClub.org/LoL/LvC meet (example)

March 19: SEPA LSCClub.org/LoL meet

April 2: Local LvC Meet (example)

See what I'm saying ovah heah? hehehehehe THAT (above) could work. Granted not everyone can make every meet but I'm betting dollars to valve cover gaskets there would be a good showing at all meets. Just another something to think about.

ERIC1 said:
thats why i want to make meetings in all types of different areas. close to most.
Eric

Members online

No members online now.
Back