just a quick question...

mikes04lincolnls

LVC Member
Reaction score
My 03 LS v8, the tranny is slipping with I make a hard or fast right hand turn... When im going stright ahead it shifts perfect.. I thought maybe the fluid was low.. but the great design that lincolon came up with the sealed tranny, i have no idea how to check it.. someone chime in and helppp.. dont really wanna drop it off at the dealship but im afraid thats what i gatta dooo...

trans have been covered plenty, search a bit for how to check level.

two thoughts,

are you sure that the hard corner is not causing the trac control/advancetrac to kick in?

9 out of 10 "trans slipping issues are not the trans and are related to the misfires due to coils

turn your trac control/advancetrac off and see if it still does it...

I cant see how wheel angle would have anything to do with shift points

i forgot to mention that i was having problems with it shifting before and I had the E light come up on my dash.. turned out it was the shift soilnid pack.. after i had that changed it starting slipping around cornors and i have a steap drivway and if the car sits on a big angle it will slip alittle also.

i forgot to mention that i was having problems with it shifting before and I had the E light come up on my dash.. turned out it was the shift soilnid pack.. after i had that changed it starting slipping around cornors and i have a steap drivway and if the car sits on a big angle it will slip alittle also.

Sounds a little like low fluid.

At this point, I would want to flush the transmission and change the filter, rather than just topping it off to the correct level. You have injured the transmission, and there may be bits of metal and friction material circulating in the fluid.

Members online

No members online now.
Back