Junkyard score!

Blenderhead

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I spent all day at the junkyard yesterday. A couple weeks ago I saw a 99 continental back there, so yesterday I went and got the newer style heads, cams, intake adapters, valve covers, fuel injectors, and coils, all for $100! So now I have a few questions. First off, what rate injectors did a 99 continental get? I figured they were probably just 24#s, but they weren't blue like the other 24#s I have seen, so I wasn't sure. The injectors are all black from top to bottom. Also, how are the cams in these heads? Are they the same as what I have now, or better, or worse? Did the conti get the same cams as the cobra in 99? Also, since I have the intake adapters, and I already have a B-head cobra intake, which intake is better, the B or the C? Should I sell the intake I have and buy the newer one, or should I just keep what I have? Or is there not much of a difference?

Mike

Color does not seem to matter exactly with the injectors. I had purple and military green, all the same rating.

C intake better and should mate right up to the 99 conti heads, right?

but they come with adapter plates so you can run a b intake too... best of all worlds....

That's what I thought....

I need to find a 99+ to get the heads and floor shifter and center console out of.

There is one down here in a local pick and pull brandon. The leather on the colsole is cracked and sunfaded though. Let me know if you are still interested.

99+ cobra? 03-04 cobra intake setup work on those heads or not? Maybe ill go pull the heads for myself!

If it is ok I'll take it... only if the price is decent.... I need the shifter too.

I'd grab the heads if I were you....

I think the car had a console, but I'm not 100% sure. It was a tan interior, not sure what color you're looking for. A friend of mine works at that junkyard, so I'll have him take a look. There were actually 2 99 conti's there, one with 70K miles and one with 117K. Needless to say I grabbed the heads of the 70K one.

And as for changing the heads in the car, yeah screw that! The whole time taking the heads off of the conti in the junkyard I was thinking "man, this would suck a lot more if I couldn't cut and break all these things that are in the way". If and when I swap the heads onto my car, the subframe will get dropped so I can work with plenty of access to everything.

The price will probably be REAL decent. Last time I was there gave me everything but the 2 door handles. $10 for $200+ worth of stuff. Ill go back down there next weekend and grab the heads and txt u some pics of the console just to make sure before i take it out.

Members online

Back