Joe, can the silver button fuel dampener (gen 1) be bypassed?

grizzlyls

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
If so, I can see the fuel rail connector is a dorman part, but the other side hose looks like pushed on no clamp. Odd.

Reason for this is mine is leaking at the seams and I need to stop fuel leak. Of course part is discontinued, and I found the thread where you identified it.

I'm sure that it can. I don't know what the short and long term consequences might be. It's there for some reason. Maybe removing it just makes it a little louder, or maybe it shortens fuel pump or injector life, or maybe it messes up the fuel mixture control a little. I really don't know. I think that it's most likely that bypassing it doesn't cause any problems that you will notice, though. Certainly should be much less of a problem to remove it than to leave a leaking one there. Pick-n-pull junkyards may be your best bet for a replacement if removal does seem to be a problem.

Thanks. The thing about pick and pull is I bet those are leaking or near too. The other post here claimed the same leak. It really looks like whatever epoxy they used to join the halves is failing with time.

Members online

No members online now.
Back