Jobs...

ornamental metal fabricator/ installer for a 57 year old local shop. been in the field for over 15 years but took a 4 year break from welding. recently went back to the same company i worked for 4 years ago. new owner now but same company. some of the things we do.

horz14.jpeg

railing_7.jpg

railing_2.jpg

railing_1.jpg

railing_12.jpg

stairs_2.jpg

stairs_6.jpg

drive_gate_3.jpg

you sir have skills those look amazing

I work for a school district as well, I'm an IT tech but still part of the district. I started in education three years ago and I love it. Sure the pay sucks but the people are usually nicer than anything I'd see in a corporate type environment.

I too have bitched about the low pay and it really does suck how crappy my pay is, especially seeing as how I probably won't get a raise for another year, didn't get one last year either. But there are days that I go home feeling like I've made a difference. I keep the computers and technology running so the students can use them and so that the teachers can teach their classes.

It's an honorable job in my opinion!

I like my job and the people I work with, they love the work I do for them and that makes me feel good.

I will say that our educational system is one of the worst in the world. I heard a teacher say it the best! He said, "We have the only educational system in the world that crams material into the kids heads, tests them on it and then lets the purge that material and move to the next subject." He's absolutely right though, compared to the rest of the world, we're way behind.

Like mespock said though, it's hard to teach kids that have no interest in being there, that have parents that don't give a $hit! You don't ever hear anything out of the parents until their kid gets written up or gets an F. Then they're in there bitching everyone else out because it can't be their kids fault. These kids today are so f@cking spoiled it's not even funny. These parents need to pop the teet out of their mouths and let the kids get a taste of reality for once. All the parents are accomplishing is to raise their kids to be dip:q:q:q:qs and p@ssies that eventually will be in charge of running our country.

That my friends is what frightens me the most! There are students who want to learn but don't get the opportunity to because the troublemakers are too busy disrupting class with their childish antics. I say bring back corporal punishment in schools. Straighten these kids out, and parents need to learn how to lay the smack down at home! They want to call child services, dial the phone for them while you're beating their @ss!

RANT OVER!

Third key/team lead-retail. ( but at my store I call it general manager:rolleyes: )
I also help create planograms and I do other work at our district office twice a week.

Yeah something like that here. 4th key for Staples, living closest to the store the GM calls me and I go and meet the police before he can get there. Not bad considering my store is doing well in this economy. Office Depot and Circuit City are closing, and theres no close competition, coupled with being the 3rd Staples store ever helps.

Oh, and the people who create the POGs...or planograms aren't entirely stupid. Like Jwerner said, its the problem with the store management not following up/setting clear guidelines that makes people have to re-do em. POGs are incredibly stress relieving and after they're done and perfect show a job well done.

Retail ftw!

....That Was Easy

I'm sorry if I offended you Chadly. usually when I talk to marines (yes I served) It's I defend my country. I go in first, come out last, do things the other branches won't do. One thing I learned in my years serving my country was to never bring up that you kill for a living. I have absolutley no problems with what you do or that you are proud to be a Marine. Just seems like sometimes the details of your job should be left with the people you work with. Some people can't grasp thats part of what you do, it needs to be done. Then they form a negative opinion about the marines and it becomes a whole 2 sided debate because their to stupid to figure out it's them or your brothers.

I wasn't upset about what you do, it's just how you put it. I just don't feel it's right to brag (not to affend you) about taking another person life, even though I see nothing wrong with killing in certain situations. I was artillery on the M109A paladins. I just told everyone I drove a tank and shot 100 pound rounds. Never told them what they landed on. When they asked if you ever killed anyone I just say "Not that I know of" As arty you have no clue what the person on the recieving end did to deserve some steel rain but who ever was spotting seen a reason for it. They would call in a mission, 18 guns would fire untill they said cease fire and we would go back to playing spades. We never asked what we just cleared from the face of the earth, we didn't care, just doing our job.

Wondering what people do for a living on here on the site, you can be detailed at what you write or if you dont want to then dont! But of course since I started the thread I will start with my job:

Sell Cell phones for a company based out of Colorado and Nebraska called Viaero Wireless - Work there in the mornings til 6 then I head out to Fed Ex and unload packages from the trucks till about 8 or so -

Total hours a week - 50 to 60

What do you do to earn ur cold hard cash??

Massage Therapist at a clinic...making little over 5k a month net parttime

I work at the Ford Kentucky Truck plant. We assemble the Super Duty F-250 thru F-550. We will also soon be assembling the Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

I presently take the doors off the right side of the truck, using a hoist and an air gun, 86 trucks an hour and damn glad to be working and not sitting at home reading posts on LVC trying to plan what I want to do to my Mark VIII. Not that sitting and reading is a bad thing, but I sure feel better planning stuff for the car when I'm working and not just dreaming.

Building Operator, essentialy respond to Data Center Equipment that may fail or go into alarm, then isolate and stabilize. Part watch engineer, part maintenance, part security and part handy man.

* Never served in the Military, however have family that did. For those that have or do, Thank you.

My Uncle when was active in the Corps had given me a banner that read:
"Those who kill for pleasure are sadists. Those who kill for money are professionals. Those who kill for both are U.S. Marines."

I observed family members that served in the Military or are Marines recognized his transformation as he became a Marine. I saw it too, something in the eyes. Something about being up close and personal in hand to hand combat. Every Marine a Rifleman. Even to this day he will snap into a rigid salute at my best R.Lee Ermey impersonation. Quite unsettling thinking about what he went through all those years ago to still "be" a Marine today. He and all those who traveled that path have earned my respect.

Im Evan, im 21, and I like ham sandwiches and walks on the boardwalk.

Seriously though, I'm a Design and Applications Engineer for a small family owned company called BNL Industries. I design valves, the bulk of my work is for Navy Subs and Nuclear stations. All of my design is done in Autodesk Inventor, some of our old designs are in Mechanical Desktop.

I'm also a full-time student.

Torquemonkey,

Thank you for the support, and give you uncle a hearty SEMPER FI from me!

My wifes best friend is a CPA back home. Last year I was in charge of the base tax center for camp lejeune, I feel for you dude. Tax season sucks.

I never ground dirt into Eddie Murphy's couch...

So what if I ground dirt into Eddie Murphy's couch...

Cocain is a hell of a drug...

I think I'm bleeding in my chest.

I'm a plant manager for a 7 plant 200 truck fleet of concrete mixers.

60+hrs a week.

Members online

Back