Job

Motts

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well fellas a little off topic but what not a better place to ask.

Anyone have any incise on a financial advisor position with "Raymond James" I have my 2nd interview tomorrow, and I know a sales associate that has worked there for over 30 yrs, she said that he is going to offer me the position.
Training is 6 weeks in St. Petersburgh Fla.

Its a salary plus commission for 2 yrs, then over to a draw/commission after 2 yrs. She didnt know what the salary would be, any incise at what I should expect or not accept.

I do have my Bachelors in business, currently work for American Express (credit card comp.) as a Corporate travel agent, and the Pay Straight out SUCKS, anywhere from 25-40k a yr depending on commissions.

Any incise would be appreciated...... :Beer

how much is the base, and ask to see a sales report so you can get an idea of how much you can earn realistically. Make sure you ask for an average guys one, otherwise they will give you the top salesman, and that won't be a good depiction of what you can do most likely.

MAllen82 said:
how much is the base, and ask to see a sales report so you can get an idea of how much you can earn realistically. Make sure you ask for an average guys one, otherwise they will give you the top salesman, and that won't be a good depiction of what you can do most likely.

Well I know there are quite a few 5 series's in the parking lot, no junkers, and I saw 2, 7 series beamers..

I know they own the stadium down in Fla, The Raymond James Stadium.

Anyone know what a average starting salary for a financial Advisor is with no experience? Or what I should expect. I'm assuming around 30-40k.. :Bang

I don't know much about Raymond James, but I work right next door. We can do lunch. :)

Akkord29 said:
I don't know much about Raymond James, but I work right next door. We can do lunch. :)

down in st. petes'? Sounds like a plan, if I decide to take the position.

Most investment reps do well over 100K or they aren't kept around. It will take you a while to get there...but it's out there to be had. You are going to learn what selling is really about. You have to really hustle your business.

By the way...they don't own the stadium...they pay a sponser's fee. A hefty one.

2001LS8Sport said:
Most investment reps do well over 100K or they aren't kept around. It will take you a while to get there...but it's out there to be had. You are going to learn what selling is really about. You have to really hustle your business.

By the way...they don't own the stadium...they pay a sponser's fee. A hefty one.

Well I took the job its 54k first 2 yrs plus commission. The more Commission I make the less salary I will get.

2001LS8Sport said:

Well I took the job its 54k first 2 yrs plus commission. The more Commission I make the less salary I will get. after 2 yrs then i'll be straight commission

Members online

No members online now.
Back