JL 12W7 with JL 500/1 amp.

HyeLifeLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I was planning on replacing my 2 12 Bazookas for a long time already so I just bought one JL 12W7 sub and a JL 500 watt mono amp. I haven't got it yet, I am waiting on them to come by Fedex. I know the amp might not be really enough for that sub, but if don't like it, I'll get the 1000 watt one. I want to have a custom box made in the trunk. Anyways, could you guys post some pictures of your custom boxes?

13W7.jpg

12W7_RLT.jpg

247.jpg

This is off the topic but are you going to have these installed before the meet in daygo? If so I wanna check it out, I was planning on putting just one of this sub with a custom box.

mtx-thunder-9500.jpg

mtx-thunder-9500-back.jpg

I'll try man, I bought em on Ebay. The amp is shipped, the sub is not yet. I hope I get em soon. Yea I think I am gonna install it before the meeting. I talked to the guy already whose gonna do my box. I don't know if I am gonna get a sealed box or a ported one. I want it to hit loud but more I want it clear. I'll see.

I think those MTXs and the W7s are on the same level, no?

My cuz had a 12W7 in his 91 brougham and it was loud as hell. He had it in a sealed box.

DaMN G...u came up!!!!

I want one of those sooo bad. That thing thumps!!! Go sealed. JLs should always be sealed man. I thinks u might want the 1000/1 amp though but let me know how it sounds cuz i am sure its gonna sound wicked.

How much did u pay for that?

http://www.thetrue22.com/

have u seen this?
This $hit is freakn HUGE

mikedeezy123 said:
DaMN G...u came up!!!!

I want one of those sooo bad. That thing thumps!!! Go sealed. JLs should always be sealed man. I thinks u might want the 1000/1 amp though but let me know how it sounds cuz i am sure its gonna sound wicked.

How much did u pay for that?

http://www.thetrue22.com/

have u seen this?
This $hit is freakn HUGE

That's some fat a$$ woofer Mike, damn..

Yea, so I'll see how the 500 works, if no, I'll get a 1000 and will put the other one in my BMW or for sale. I think I wanna sealed box, I like the tight sound.

Oh yea, I paid $450 for the sub and $390 for the amp.

I have these now in my car, but I am gonna put em back into my Mercury

subs.JPG

sub amp.JPG

i have a file folder of about 15 diff. lincoln LS trunk set ups.. if u give me ur e-mail i can send it to ya.. i dont know how to post pics here.. sry..

also.. the w7 RMS is way too much for that amp.. u may just blow the amp.. the W7 is more pwerful that the l7's and im running a 1300 watt amp..

u COULD buy the 1000x1 and use the 500 for mids and highs.. jus an idea..

also, as far as boxes.. are u goin to show the speaker towards the rear.. or towards the inside of the car? all wood.. or do u want to use plexi glass.. or fiber glass.. etc..

2153086_21_full.jpg

My old trunk set up.. ima take pics of my new set up when i get a new digi cam..

the car below is my felow cc member luke.. my friend made the box..
2173810_35_full.jpg

2173810_36_full.jpg

the rest below are for viewing pleasure.. jus random lincolns with systems..

508428_37_full.jpg

302795_42_full.jpg

331923_20_full.jpg

This one in particular has a W7 with a 500.1 amp..
343994_4.jpg

343994_3_full.jpg

back to more random pics....
425425_17_full.jpg

some of those installs are sick, but uhh.....500 watts is barely gonna be enough to move that sub, that sub can handle 1500 rms easy, the 500 will do it no justice unless u port and tune to the right hertz then it will hit

my system-15 XXX by resonant engineering powered by a db 1100 watt tsunami amp, sealed to 2.6 cubic feet(i think) moves real good :)

speaker 12.jpg

speaker 21.jpg

^^^^
mmm... another audio person.. gotta love it..

i got a question for ya newnan...

i got the kicker L7's currently with the DTS (digital technology) AMP.. the amp is 1300 watts and the amp that is made for those speakers.. i mean it sounds cute and all.. but ima bass fan u know.. the speakers are 750RMS and i can get 1500 watts maxx.. i have been thinkin about getting two 1300 watt amps and running them to each speaker.. the trunk is dynamatted.. so i really dont care for rattle.. u think i should go for it? the cars a daily driver and my girl complains a lot about the bass.. lucky i can control it with the kenwood indash.. but still.. what should i do?!?!??!

Man i love the set ups i see. Well i dont have an LS but i do have a Lincoln. 88 Mark VII LSC. I am currently running 2 JL 12W3V2D4 in a rockbox box which sounds good for now but i am sure its not up to specs. but its cool for now. It has a Memphis Power Reference 300.2 on them its cool as well for now. I actually have 3 of those JL 12W3 when i get my car to appoint of sounding and looking as well as riding the way i want it to i will get it set for a custon system. either the 3 JL's on a 1000/1 JL amp in a custom box or the 2 Memphis M3's i have as well. Either way i will be looking to buy a Mark VIII soon and 1 car will have all JL and the other will be Memphis. Those kickers are 10's there the S10D kicker i cant seem to part with them cause they hit hard as hell in a sealed box. i actually had to replace the back window in my 93seville when i had it about 4 yrs ago. Those are 2ohm subs running parallel. But for now those @ JL's are in that box you see the M3's are in. But for some reason the M3's seem to bang harder than those JL's maybe its the box. The box is one of those ProBox prefab 1's. i will be doing the custom thang lol..

Kicker4.JPG

maybe they bang harder because the kickers u have are the old solo barics... the ones before they came out square. i can tell because of the middle.. i think the RMS on those and the maxx handling is greater than the JLs. The JLs u have are the W3's. I had those before and blew the :q:q:q:q out of them in about a week... if ur going to go JL.. i suggest the W7's .. with the right amp/box set up.. with enough air space

yeah i forgot to mention there the solo barics. my bad lol.. man this fool from off craigslist offered me 20bucks a piece for them i emailed him back a smiley face with a middle finger up... lmao...yeah i hear ya on the JL's i may end up selling all 3 for about 400 and get 1 JL 13W7

JL 13 W7??? or JL 12?

prolly 12.. the W3's are good.. but not as good as the solo's

wtf.. nope.. never seen.. personally dont see the purpose.. for that get a 15 inch speaker...

oh.. i see the W7does not come in size 15.. hmm.. it doesnt have the RMS or max power on the site.. dont know what to tell u about what would be better.. its obvious the 13 would give u more bass because it coversmore air space.. but its only 1 inch diff.... how much is the price diff....

its about 50 or 60 bucks more but i may just do the 12W7 and be safe with it. but for now I will just maintain what i have while i keep upgrading old girls suspension for now. This weekend i am putting The KYB G-2 strutts and Shocks on her. I may just sell my subs and amp to the guy doing the work he keeps asking me about them.

the W3's.. dont sell the solo barics.. those are ancient but good... i got the new one.. :)

yeah i will keep those get a custom box lol use them as bass in home for when i play games online i have the stereo and tv plus the pc all hooked up so when i played music or games its plenty bass

You can check my system out below.. Not really custom at the moment but that will all change soon. At my work we are going to take it all out and redo everything. My car is going to be used in spring break nationals next year. we are changeing the 2 L7 15 to 2 solo x 18's if it will fit.

love it love it love it lol.. i am going to update my old a$$ alpine to one of the DVD alpine with the 7" screen i see you have that Pioneer head unit. very nice. All in due time

Members online

No members online now.
Back