JBL amp inputs and outputs?

Gruuvin8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
A while ago I got a photocopy of the JBL wiring diagrams from a friend at the Ford dealer but I lost them. :( I need to replace my JBL amp, and I'm thinking of a couple amps; one for the four channel mids and highs at each corner and one for the two channels of subs at each corner. I can't remember for sure what the inputs and output were on that JBL amp, but I seem to remember that there was four seperate inputs controlled by fader and balace and LOTS more outputs with the sub sections at each corner driven by seperate channels of the amp than the mids/highs channels. Any body remember or have the diagrams? I need to know before I make a decision on what amps to get. Also, anybody know the different load impedences at each channel? Any help or ideas would be great! thanks!

Rob

i think your best bet is to scrap the entire sys. ford wired it odd, the "subs" (5x7's) are wired together on each side and just the tweeters are all separate, not to mention the wires are tiny, and the stock jbl only uses a 5v turn on (usually 12v)

A while ago I got a photocopy of the JBL wiring diagrams from a friend at the Ford dealer but I lost them. :( I need to replace my JBL amp, and I'm thinking of a couple amps; one for the four channel mids and highs at each corner and one for the two channels of subs at each corner. I can't remember for sure what the inputs and output were on that JBL amp, but I seem to remember that there was four seperate inputs controlled by fader and balace and LOTS more outputs with the sub sections at each corner driven by seperate channels of the amp than the mids/highs channels. Any body remember or have the diagrams? I need to know before I make a decision on what amps to get. Also, anybody know the different load impedences at each channel? Any help or ideas would be great! thanks!

Rob
Have you considered the cost vs. getting an entirely new system? Tech has improved since the 90s and you will find that for about the same cost you can put in a brand new aftermarket stereo with CD that has the same power or better. You won't need the amp in that case. That's what I did.

is this on the gen 1 in your sig?

94markviiiradio.jpg
<---(click)

Members online

No members online now.
Back