JB weld Valve Covers...

MatthewDavid

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok just so you know the drivers side valve cover is nearly impossible to take in and out without taking the engine out it's a lot of work... my problem is when I put it back in I accidentally cracked the valve cover... it took us 3 hours to finally get it in... I wasn't about to just pull it out again... so I JB welded the crack... do you think this will hold up?!... I hope so... they said it would cost 400 bucks for a new one and a week...

anyone got a used one they wanna sell me cheap?!!? :D... I'm hopin this will hold for at least a couple months till I feel I'm not frustrated enough to try again.

Yeah I figured I'm from ND and farmers use that crap on everything... I mean everything... I think it's more versitile than duct tape!!... but thanks... it just sucks cause we have an oil leak and we can't figure out if it's comming from the valve cover or somewhere else... it doesn't drip from where the crack is... but for all I know it could be riding some hose or something... it's dripping around the oil filter... but don't know if it is comming from there. it's just a grade a poopy situation

My whole bottom of my oil pan is covered with jb weld and my power steering line has some on it. it works great but it is a quick fix and will not last around hi temp parts

ok mespock...I just about put my finger thru the screen trying to squish the bug....:D

Give some thought to the idea that your oil leak is the gasget between the oil filter housing and the block. It also is a bear to change but a common problem.

No it is not the gasket and i fixed the leak i live in the midwest were rust is a issue the oil pan had a leak on the cross over pan tab

well I did have to oil filter changed about a month ago at firestone... just cause its around the corner from my work place... the guy said that there was a leak somewhere... and we haven't really been able to drive it much since then... also we did unbolt the engine to move it to get the valve cover off... maybe we just shook something loose that was already leaking... do you think I should take it back to firestone and tell them to look into it?... it didn't leak at all before we went there and even before we did the valve cover it leaked a little... over a 2 week span the low oil light came

Just clean the motor and monitor it yourself by having someone else look at it you don't know if he is telling the truth or just squirting oil on to it to make money

Garbone....Glad someone else tried that...I thought I was nuts when I saw that bug this am!! Way to go Rich!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back