J Mod?

Sal329

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I am looking to do the J mod on my 94 Mark. The car right now is stock. It will stay pretty stock for a lil bit. But I do plan on Mach 1 or 03/04 Cobra heads and Mach 1 or 99/01 Cobra intake. Then LATER a supercharger, most likely a KB. Well my question is what setting for the J Mod should I go for? Keep it at the 300 and redrill later when the mods start?

Hi again!

I drilled mine at 400 knowing I would be upgrading, but NOT expecting to dump a new engine in. I am glad I did. With the stock engine, everything felt fine. New engine, same thing.

I would not go over-kill to 450 unless someone can says its ok. In my opinion I think it would be, but having a power plant rated at 450 and then doing a j-mod for 300 would be less than ideal.

With the mods you are talking about you will be rebuilding the whole tranny any how so just get-ur-dun and drill to 450 for now.

Well what I plan is J Mod, when I replace my Radiator I will add a tranny cooler. Then in the fall add gears, between winter and spring the heads, cams and intake from a Mach 1 or 03/04 Cobra. Then a new trans from a 99-02 Mustang with a Mach 1 converter. Then anytime after that the KB will go on.

All about the Jerry Mod here: http://tccoa.com/articles/tranny/index.html#

Members online

No members online now.
Back