I've searched and searched. (SHOCK REPLACEMENT)

nickandersonLS01

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
One big question, Do I need to rent spring compressors?

If I do not, can someone please give me a quick write-up on how to do it safely without using them?

I remember seeing a reply from Quik stating you do not need to use them, but then I searched all day today and can only find a quote(circa 2005) stating it is impossible to do it without them....

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

You have to wonder about experts that think the LS ever came with air suspension...

Yeah I was thinking that when I clicked the link lol. I was like, wait a minute, we don't have air suspension... :shifty:.

I would just stick with OEM shocks and get a spring compressor. Its not hard to use them.

A spring compressor is so obviously easy to use you'll feel like an idiot after asking advice on how to use them. I know I did :) Just attach them and start bolting them down. Its incredibly easy and they can be rented from any reputable auto parts store such as AutoZone.

Thanks, I have used spring compressors before. I did my lowering springs myself. I was certain I saw someone say you didn't need to use them. I purchased the shocks already, will be attacking it tomorrow. I appreciate the quick replies.

Also, amazon has motorcraft complete assemblies for a decent price. I bought the monroe shocks from my local parts store. Just under $340 for all 4 and buy 3 get 1 free rebate. That was the only reason I decided to bounce the motorcraft replacements. Hopefully I like them!

motorcraft complete with springs and mounts? where? do you have a link or part number for the complete ass.?
if your talking about the ast25 its just the strut. no spring or mount.

motorcraft complete with springs and mounts? where? do you have a link or part number for the complete ass.?
if your talking about the ast25 its just the strut. no spring or mount.

Oops, I must have been mistaken. I thought I saw someone linked me to that saying it was a complete assembly.

Members online

No members online now.
Back