It's not goodbye!

jjcool00

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey all, it's been a long time. Too long. I'm writing to let you all know, I've recently purchased a new car, a Tesla, and was wondering what to do with my LS. Its been sitting for years, since I've moved to Boston. I moved to Boston in 2014 and the car had 135000 miles on it. Today it has 147000.

While thinking about the LS, only one possible solution came up. To give it to someone who would take great care of it. Someone who might even appreciate her more than me! This weekend I drove it back down to my hometown and gave it to a former member. You all may remember him!

Well, I just wanted to sincerely thank the community here. You guys are fantastic and have always been helpful and supportive. Even though I haven't commented in a very long time, I was lurking. Anyway, thank you all. I look forward to seeing the progress on my old LS and am happy she is with someone who truly deserves her.

Special thanks to Joe! Dude you're a rockstar here.

Special thanks for taking the car and treating her right, Mlara! I'm sure you guys will all see him return after not having a LS for years! Thanks again everyone !

Hey all, it's been a long time. Too long. I'm writing to let you all know, I've recently purchased a new car, a Tesla, and was wondering what to do with my LS. Its been sitting for years, since I've moved to Boston. I moved to Boston in 2014 and the car had 135000 miles on it. Today it has 147000.

While thinking about the LS, only one possible solution came up. To give it to someone who would take great care of it. Someone who might even appreciate her more than me! This weekend I drove it back down to my hometown and gave it to a former member. You all may remember him!

Well, I just wanted to sincerely thank the community here. You guys are fantastic and have always been helpful and supportive. Even though I haven't commented in a very long time, I was lurking. Anyway, thank you all. I look forward to seeing the progress on my old LS and am happy she is with someone who truly deserves her.

Special thanks to Joe! Dude you're a rockstar here.

Special thanks for taking the car and treating her right, Mlara! I'm sure you guys will all see him return after not having a LS for years! Thanks again everyone !
I know you’re not searching/expecting any kind of praises for the generous deed you did ...but damn that was really kind and unselfish of you to do that for a fellow LS enthusiast...I wish you all the best with the Tesla and all the best in you ventures

Please tell me that the Tesla has a P, D and an underline on the back of it!!!

Please tell me that the Tesla has a P, D and an underline on the back of it!!!

I wish. I couldn't afford that right now. Had to buy the wife a new car too so having two car payments instead of none, is a bit much. Especially if I got the most expensive Tesla.

I bought the Model 3 long range. I might have pulled the trigger on the S but I didn't like it. I honestly liked the 3 better. I test drove the Model S and wasn't a fan. It feels like a Lincoln Town Car. Very old man-ish, no offense to the older folks here. Obviously much faster than the 3, but the 3 is no slouch. I think it's 0-60 is 5.1?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Its a shame the LS is admired by more or worth more today. It was one of the best american made sedans, and better than even a BMW. After 16 yrs i'm faced with same issue of what to do with my car.

... and better than even a BMW. After 16 yrs i'm faced with same issue of what to do with my car.

Yep, I've had less problems with my LSes, than with my BMW (may it rust in peace - totaled in a wreck).

Yep, I've had less problems with my LSes, than with my BMW (may it rust in peace - totaled in a wreck).

Yikes, I didn't expect that at first. Was it because there was serious damage that couldn't bee seen or just because the value of the car is worth about as much as a $11 taco box?

Yikes, I didn't expect that at first. Was it because there was serious damage that couldn't bee seen or just because the value of the car is worth about as much as a $11 taco box?

In case it wasn't clear, the BMW was the one totaled. It was a major impact into a concrete barricade on the interstate. The airbags blew, but there were no injuries (not counting a minor burn from the airbag). I was not there. As described to me, the other driver more or less pitted her. We had just (after a major battle with the only dealer in town) got the driver's airbag replaced due to the recall for airbags killing people.

\We had just (after a major battle with the only dealer in town) got the driver's airbag replaced due to the recall for airbags killing people.

Wowow!! Good thing. There's a shrapnel problem with some airbags right now and my Wife's 300c is under recall for that.

Wowow!! Good thing. There's a shrapnel problem with some airbags right now and my Wife's 300c is under recall for that.

Yep, it was exactly the same thing, airbag from Takata.

There's about to be another really big recall, this time airbag control modules from a German company.

In case it wasn't clear, the BMW was the one totaled.

Sorry Joe, I totally just read over that too fast and misunderstood. re-reading it today and its clear as day what you meant by it.

I'm detecting a little salt from that statement.

More of a statement of fact, While we all love them, their value plummets extremely sharply. when I bought my 2nd one, it was only 4 years with about 66k miles on the clock and I literally got it for 25 cents on the dollar. add to that my confusion where I though his LS was totaled with what didn't look like all that much amount of damage.

honestly few cars hold any real value these days. My ST had a sticker price of $32k. When I bought it, it was 1.5 years old and had 35k miles on it and I got it out the door for $18k

Members online

No members online now.
Back