its done PICS

noise coming from the front or rear?
does it go away when you press on the brakes?
is your parking brake sticking?

It goes away when the brakes are depressed. Its coming from the rear. My guess is the rotor got possibly warped from the redrilling, and is dragging. There also seems to be some grooves in the rotor, where the pad seems to ride as well. Ill probably just break down buy the brackets and rings and run the cobra rear rotors.

It goes away when the brakes are depressed. Its coming from the rear.

ok. so you have a dragging pad in the rear.
make sure all the brake hardware bolts are tight.
i had the bolts on my cobra calipers work loose once. needed some lock-tight.

grab the caliper and try to move it around. it shouldn't move much. it will slide a little in and out. that's normal though.

it is also possible you rear slid pins are stuck. so make sure those are indeed moving as well.

My guess is the rotor got possibly warped from the redrilling, and is dragging.

possible, but unlikely in my opinion.

if you try all this and it doesn't help. drive it some. if you didn't put the pads back where the came from, weird things can happen. they need to rub down a little.

Sorry for the dumb question but what is the rear slide pin?

I believe he's talking about the floating pins/bolts that go through the caliper and caliper bracket, the ones that float as the pads wear...one may be seized not allowing the pad to move off the rotor..this has happened to me before causing the pad to drag on the rotor, just remove and clean/grease them again.

its a mustang caliper, but same idea. part number 14.

93cobra_rear_calipers.jpg

its what makes the caliper float.

Did you follow the instructions DLF has on his site for the rear?
If so, the bracket that gets clearenced might not have enough taken off...
'bout half way down pic 2:
http://home.comcast.net/~dlfraleigh/Article.html
Sure did. Had the window open on my cellular the whole time.

its a mustang caliper, but same idea. part number 14.

its what makes the caliper float.

Thanks. That's what I thought it was, and ill take a look at those and the other things you mentioned. This is why the forum is great, you guys rock

Staff online

Members online

Back