It's been said here for years...

They are correct

I rented the Caddy CTS and had a smile across my face as it tore up the highway. Reminded me of the muscle cars of the 60's, but it was flawed in my opinion. Also rented the new dodge charger, fun and fast. However both cars seemed to suffer from something hard to describe, they felt cheap. The Lincoln LS feels like luxury. These cars did not. I'll keep my LS.

And yet they still won't make the cars better.

I think Telco just posted this too.

Yea, it's sad to see that about Lincoln.

Sad, but not surprising. German cars are definitely starting to take the cake in the luxury car market. American companies are beginning to try too hard and it's actually working against them. The Hyundai Equus (and really, the Genesis too) are amazing automobiles as well. Simple yet luxurious... A combination American car markers are yet to pin point. I'd definitely get a 2006 Lincoln LS before I got a 2013 Lincoln MKS, and I'd drive an Equus or Genesis before either of them. It's a major fail.

And Hyundai doesn't skimp on the horsepower either -- 429 with their 5.0 liter and 8 spd automatic. The 4.6 is no longer available for the current model year but even it equaled or beat the SHO's acceleration and its MPG without the extra parts. Going for the 5.0 does cost 1-2 mpg but I call that a worthwhile tradeoff for 50 more horses.

At 40-ish, am I not the customer Lincoln is looking to attract? If so, I gotta tell them - I'll buy nothing that they currently offer. The giant grilles and tail lights look like a Gotham City caricature of a car, not a quality luxury offering. I grew up with Lincolns in the family. I remember the factory option CB, the slant-back Continental, the Town Car with hiding headlights, the debut of the 4.6 SOHC.

Even my grandparents left Lincoln in 2001, moving to Lexus LS vehicles. Now that Lexus has totally ruined the latest LS460 by trying to make it a sports car with a hideous dash, I guess they'll get a - *gasp* - Hyundai Equus.

The genesis and equs are both nicer vehicles and I would drive them over current Lincoln's.

You know it's a sad time for ford when a Korean company is making rwd V8 sedans that are better.

As a 40ish year old man, dual income, both kids gone, and no real debts to speak of, I too am Lincoln's ideal buyer. I'm not buying a front wheel drive anything, nor am I buying an all wheel drive based on a front wheel drive. On top of that, I'm not buying anything that reminds me of a smiling whale. So fire the designers, bring in the guys that designed the Mustang and have them design a new rear wheel drive V8 / supercharged V6 Lincoln. Do that, and I'll drop by the lot to see what you have. Right now, I don't stop by the Lincoln dealer at all unless I need to go by the parts desk.

How anyone could pass up one of those gourgeous Jags in your sig for a FWD Lincoln econobox would be beyond me. Man those XFs are sexy...

Thank you.

When i drop the Navigator off for service, they usually provide with a MKZ as a loaner.
Here i am driving and looking around in the interior and thinking to myself if they could have done worse job with the car.
Considering the last loaner had a sticker price of over $35,000, i don't know where Lincoln is heading. Most likely to the car heaven, as they call it.

I started a thread that included this article a while back and I suppose it is particularly relevant for this thread.

http://blogs.motortrend.com/one-ford-and-one-small-problem-26343.html#axzz2DO1qUk6c

I would classify all the members on this thread as car enthusaists, not Lincoln enthusiasts. Like the above posters, none of us here are going to by a Lincoln simply because it is a Lincoln, were going to buy nice cars. We all just happen to drive the LS because well, it's a really nice car. I too would also buy a equus or genesis before a new Lincoln. The majority of you I would say, are older than me, and are comfortable with money, you are the target brand for Lincoln and they simply aren't delivering.

With that being said, I have a respect for Ford and how they handled the recent rapid collapse of the domestic market. The buttoned down, made some tough choices and pumped out a robust all new product line (Ford side) and globalized their platforms. Where to me, it seemed like bam! GM kills off 4 brands and then takes private jets to Washington to talk bailouts.

It is however, glaringly clear that while Ford got the blue oval cars together, all their focus was indeed on that brand, which I can completely understand. The worthless distraction of mercury was killed off and Lincoln was put on auto pilot. It's obvious that they intent to keep the brand around, but were getting the blue oval cars profitable first before anything else.

With the quality of the new Fords on the roads I can promise you we aren't the only ones thinking "WTF are they doing with Lincoln", they know more then any of us that those FWD, low power, UGLY AS SIN, cars aren't selling. However, given the time a car line takes to design, develop, and produce I am not concerned. The last gen Lincolns were designed and built prior to the "Hey, lets get our $hit together attitude" and the new, previously described and "smiling whales" are clearly a result of a rushed, low cost, just enough effort to stay relevant update, IE autopilot.

With the new resources the Ford has in frames, and drive trains I would be really looking forward to the next generation and the one after that. I can understand the business sense of just coasting Lincoln along until they got the main brand profitable again.

For me that's good news. I just got my LS in February, those of you who have had them for some time and are about to replace and don't have the money to buy those BEAUTIFUL new jag's...Well Lincoln just isn't ready to give you the product that your looking for. Personally, the new Lexus's have my attention.

Better and brighter days are coming for Lincoln.

Just my two cents.

I just got home from visiting my brother in Florida who is a GM for a Cadillac dealer in Tampa. He gave me the keys to a CTS-V and said go have some fun. That, I did. What an incredible car. I've driven all the new Lincolns, and they are so far behind it's not even a competition any more. After touring the lot, and comparing it to my Lincoln dealer, I left with the feeling that Lincoln will be gone unless they get their **** together.
I will continue to drive and enjoy my LS for the next couple of years, but when it comes time to replace my car, sadly, Lincoln will not be on the list.

Members online

No members online now.
Back