It's been real. It's been fun.

luttersj

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Well, Saturday was the last time I'll ever drive my '04 LS. I traded it off for a 2005 Dodge Magnum RT. The Magnum just fits my needs better right now while still allowing me to have some horsepower and style (at least in my eyes...). Plus, my LS was a pile. Constantly in the shop. So while I'm not happy to get rid of the car I am somewhat relieved. When it was working as designed it was a great car, though! I'm sure I'll still haunt this forum from time to time. There's lots of good people here. And I'd like to thank those people for offering up their help and/or advice! So: Thanks!!

PS: I'd take a picture but living where I do, it's dirty at all times in the winter...

Well, Saturday was the last time I'll ever drive my '04 LS. I traded it off for a 2005 Dodge Magnum RT. The Magnum just fits my needs better right now while still allowing me to have some horsepower and style (at least in my eyes...). Plus, my LS was a pile. Constantly in the shop. So while I'm not happy to get rid of the car I am somewhat relieved. When it was working as designed it was a great car, though! I'm sure I'll still haunt this forum from time to time. There's lots of good people here. And I'd like to thank those people for offering up their help and/or advice! So: Thanks!!

PS: I'd take a picture but living where I do, it's dirty at all times in the winter...

I am constantly thinking about doing the same thing, I need more reliability, less headache, and quite possibly, more after market stuff to play with. I think the LS is a great car.... it just may not be for me.
I've had it for 2 years, and it has been in the shop for over three months total time so far. I owned a 92 Caprice, got it with 80k miles, sold with 360k... I ever had any problems, never had to bring it to the shop unless it was to modify things or maintain things... this car though.. jeez I wish I could have seen the future.

another one bites the dust...

Oh well, good luck with the Magnum! Hopefully it stays out of the shop longer than the LS.

I tried doing that over the summer, kinda. Went looking at Chargers and when I was told what I'd get for a trade in on the LS (after I put it back to stock) I said "no thanks". Thankfully that stopped me or I might have learned to deal with the crappy interiors.

Good luck wit yo Magnum, yo!

Congrats, Chryslers are much better cars. :eek: J/k, enjoy the new ride.
I'll be near Woodbury this weekend, visiting my brother in Roseville.
Leaving the LS home, taking the Mitsu with AWD.:D

Thankfully that stopped me or I might have learned to deal with the crappy interiors.

Yeah, it's gonna be tough to ride around without the center console rattling in one ear, the B pillar rattling in the other, the steering wheel and mirrors never stopping in the same location twice upon starting the car (if it starts), the amp working sometimes, CDs not playing for no reason, little to no heat from the seats due to a crushed ventilation system, planty of heat from the dash since the DCCV went out and only blows 85 degree air, etc etc. Yeah, it's gonna be tough dealing with a crappy interior...:L :N

toomanyfumes, you won't need the AWD. There's hardly any snow left in Roseville. By the weekend the lawns will mostly be brown. Bring the confortable ride! (whichever that may be)

Oh come on, even if it's dirty you gotta show us a picture :D

Anybody know how to get rid of that center console rattle?

Squeaking or rattle? I greatly reduced my squeaking by taking the console off and lining it with double sided foam tape.

Yeah, it's gonna be tough to ride around without the center console rattling in one ear, the B pillar rattling in the other, the steering wheel and mirrors never stopping in the same location twice upon starting the car (if it starts), the amp working sometimes, CDs not playing for no reason, little to no heat from the seats due to a crushed ventilation system, planty of heat from the dash since the DCCV went out and only blows 85 degree air, etc etc. Yeah, it's gonna be tough dealing with a crappy interior...:L :N

I'm not faulting you, nor breaking your balls about getting rid of the LS or getting a Magnum. Like I said, I was in the same kinda spot over the summer. I'm not one of these die hard LS fanatics that's gonna defend it to the end. It's a car. But to me, the interior of the Chargers, 300Cs, etc., are cheap looking. That's not saying the LS has the greatest interior ever, because I've been in a few that have blown it away. I'm just saying that I was not a fan of how cheap the door panels and dashboard looked to me.

Enjoy the new car and post some pics.

well, there's no doubt that the Magnum and the LS do not share the same focus group. I'll agree that the design of the interior, the dash specifically, is less than inspired. But the seats are pretty comfortable, the ride is pretty nice, the power is good, the stereo is decent, there's room for the dog to ride in the back with the luggage while leaving the rear seat for kids, it can tow up to 3800 pounds. It may or may not be a 'better car'. But it certainly suits my needs for right now.

That Hemi sure is thirsty, though. Where I was getting 19 MPG with the 3.9L, I'm getting 17 MPG with the 5.7L. But like has been uttered many times on here 'you've got to pay to play!'

I hear ya, man. If I woulda gotten more on a trade for the LS, it woulda been gone months ago.

Now stick some 24s on there and get us some pics dammit :D

I almost got me one of the new Audi A4 2.0T but then I decided...it truly is easier to fix up a LS and buy a new engine for it down the road then trying to pay off a NEW CAR and have NEW PROBLEMS......any new car with the new eletronics are going to have more problems.....sweet thing is I am have great friends with Benchmarck Motoring here in Bellevue, WA and they do some pretty sick :q:q:q:q to my car :p

Been busy :p

And um...well...been occupied with some girls as well :-D

Btw, I have yet to test my Autosocks...it's been sunny and 60 degrees since I got them...quite the cluster:q:q:q:q :p

Yeah, Plan B was to keep the LS and continue pumping money into her. I probalby would have done that, too, but they gave me a pretty good deal on the MagWag so I rolled with it. Plus I got tired of driving the loaner Taurus/Milan/etc that they gave me.

Man, I don't know about you guys, but I see so many Chargers, Magnums and Dodge trucks at used car dealers all the time. They are so over loaded with them, the lots have way more Dodge stuff in thier lots. I hardly ever see an LS.

Only reason he gave you a good deal was cause you did'nt wanna Haggle for a Charger...at least get one of those or a Challenger if you goota buy a damn Chrysler.....

Dodge Magnums look like a 20th century Herse.....I never found the HUGE look of the Dodge brand to be attractive...but whatever floats your boat Sailor......hope ppl don't mistake you for a soccer Mom

Man you'd think I just pi$$ed on your mom's leg or something. All I did was sell a car that was nothing but trouble since the day I owned it. Let's have a little perspective here.

LEOV5, the next time you're at the car lot looking for an LS try looking inside the service bays! Based upon my experience that's where you'll find them. (YRMV) :D

As for the Charger, I don't care for the styling of them. I much prefer the Magnum. Maybe it's because there's a lot more of the Charger/300C sedans in this area? There aren't a lot of Magnums on the road here. But this is pickup country so I'm not surprised.

You do know the Magnum is a wagon Charger? same everything.....
And sorry if it came off as hatemail..but seriously......a Magnum? Maybe it's just the fact I'd only buy cars that are not wagons or hatchbacks or i'll go for a decent SUV.......

But I too was about to buy something...rediculous...I was gonna get one of those 2009 Audi A4 2.0T but with all the horror stories I hear back and forth....I'm planting my feet til Reliability goes up for all these damn brands...last thing I wanna do is buy a Ricer......

The Magnum has cleaner body lines than the Charger does, IMHO. I don't like the hump near the c pillar. There's something goofy about the styling around the rear wheel.

I thought about an SUV, too. But I just couldn't bring myself to get one. Granted, this thing is about as close as you can come without getting one. Also, it has the gas mileage of a full size Tahoe/Armada/Expedition/etc.

An A6 4.2L was pretty high on my list. They actually have a tow rating of 2000 pounds, too. But, like you, I got scared off by the horror stories.

I don't know, time will tell if I made a mistake or not. But she's going in for tint tonight after work. the nice thing is I only have to pay for the 2 front windows!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back