its been a while

96 conti

New LVC Member
Reaction score
wow its been a while since I've been here! I had a 96 continental that I traded in for 800 bucks after the air conditioning power steering rack AND transmission all went out within a matter of 2 weeks back in 05. in a pinch I picked up a 04 grand marquis which I :q:q:q:qing hated up til it got totalled and tomorrow I should be picking up an 03 ls8 loaded minus navigation

tmp_3471625402792.jpg

tmp_541778832619.jpeg

tmp_819458603874.jpeg

thanks. I'm over here in central nassau.

and damn I'm loving this thing, it goes balls to the wall haha

thnx. got my 6000k ddm's ordered. I hope you guys aren't like the ppl on vwvortex, cuz I have no intentions of putting them in projectors lol. Windows are already decently tinted (like 35% I want 5% all around with 35 on the windshield lol) and after HID's led lighting all around will be the next to do

thats gonna be dark inside lol. my dads truck has 5 over 5 on the front doors and 5 over 5 over factory 15 on the rear and a 35 windshield. its like looking in a mirror lol

thanks. I'm over here in central nassau.

and damn I'm loving this thing, it goes balls to the wall haha

I am in Suffolk. Few of the LS boys gonna meet up in the next two weeks. I will send you a pm if you wanna come out to DPA.

if I get it legal by then I'm down.

rather than starting a new thread for every little problem I come across I'm just gonna post em here.

there are 2 sensors on the valve covers that are leaking oil. question is what are they and can I replace just the gaskets on them.

second question is about the headliner. its sagging in the back. not the fabric, but the whole card. I tried hitting it in back place, cuz if there are clips that hold it up either the PO broke them, or I broke them when I hit it lol

if I get it legal by then I'm down.

rather than starting a new thread for every little problem I come across I'm just gonna post em here.

there are 2 sensors on the valve covers that are leaking oil. question is what are they and can I replace just the gaskets on them.

second question is about the headliner. its sagging in the back. not the fabric, but the whole card. I tried hitting it in back place, cuz if there are clips that hold it up either the PO broke them, or I broke them when I hit it lol

1. They're not sensors, they're oil control solenoid valves. They control the variable valve timing. They seal to the valve covers with o-rings. Yes, you can replace just those o-rings, but if it were me, on an 03 I would go ahead and replace the valve cover gaskets while I was in there.

2. At the back, the headliner is held up (or rather not held up) by Velcro to the third brake light. Put some big gobs of silicone calking where the Velcro has come detached. Use a paper towel roll or something similar between the back seat and the headliner to prop it in place until the silicone sets.

Welcome back. The Crown Vic/Grand Marquis are sturdy cars. Ill bet you put a hurting on something else.

Members online

Back