It's always somethin'.

LunaEros

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Like Rosanna Rosannadana always said... It's always somethin'.
Got my Joying head unit installed with all the accessories including fixing the problem I was having with the backup cam coming on with the head unit instead of just reverse. Got the steering wheel controls to work on it. And I installed the electroluminescent gauge faces which I'm wondering if it's gonna cause an issue since I just noticed when the car is completely off the faces still glow a tiny amount. Ugh.
But the reason I quote Rosanna is I haven't fixed the B1995 low resistance air bag code yet (think I need to completely bypass the underseat plug like I saw someone else on here do and it worked) but after I installed the gauge faces the 3-6 air bag code stopped flashing. So I opened FORScan just to check and make sure the code was gone and it's not. There's a new code in addition to the B1995, B1869 Air bag indicator circuit failure.
What the hell? I didn't even disconnect the instrument cluster. I just unbolted it to maneuver to get at the bolts that hold the lens face to the cluster and installed it that way. Anyone have any idea what I could have done? Plus when I start it up now the message center is making beeps. It's giving like around 5 sets of 5 long beeps. Is it doing that because of the indicator problem?
Anyone else ever run into anything somewhat similar?

Like Rosanna Rosannadana always said... It's always somethin'.
Got my Joying head unit installed with all the accessories including fixing the problem I was having with the backup cam coming on with the head unit instead of just reverse. Got the steering wheel controls to work on it. And I installed the electroluminescent gauge faces which I'm wondering if it's gonna cause an issue since I just noticed when the car is completely off the faces still glow a tiny amount. Ugh.
But the reason I quote Rosanna is I haven't fixed the B1995 low resistance air bag code yet (think I need to completely bypass the underseat plug like I saw someone else on here do and it worked) but after I installed the gauge faces the 3-6 air bag code stopped flashing. So I opened FORScan just to check and make sure the code was gone and it's not. There's a new code in addition to the B1995, B1869 Air bag indicator circuit failure.
What the hell? I didn't even disconnect the instrument cluster. I just unbolted it to maneuver to get at the bolts that hold the lens face to the cluster and installed it that way. Anyone have any idea what I could have done? Plus when I start it up now the message center is making beeps. It's giving like around 5 sets of 5 long beeps. Is it doing that because of the indicator problem?
Anyone else ever run into anything somewhat similar?
If I remember correctly....yes the car will chime/beep when a illuminated light is faulty

Members online

Back