It didn't take long...

Gee, apparently when you offer tax incentives, people get busy consuming.

You'd think Washington would build on this 'newfound' knowledge. But they don't want the economy to recover.

Gee, apparently when you offer tax incentives, people get busy consuming.

You'd think Washington would build on this 'newfound' knowledge. But they don't want the economy to recover.

Does that mean you support the CARS program?

Hmmm...speaking of CFC, I need to put out a APB to the buddies at the dealerships, I am needing a few headlight bulbs and housings, and a few other things...

One other thing, in our case, the 4v is in the CFC program, but it also is a current production engine. Does that mean that the current production engines need to be destroyed as well?

Does that mean you support the CARS program?
Any time you give taxpayers some of their money back, it's a good thing.

But why restrict it to cars? Why operate a command and control economy? Just give us cash and let us spend it how we see fit.

And let me be clear (to coin a phrase), the CARS program is being run VERY BADLY. You really want to trust these people to run HEALTHCARE when they can't even handle a tiny $1 Billion program?

And let me be clear (to coin a phrase), the CARS program is being run VERY BADLY. You really want to trust these people to run HEALTHCARE when they can't even handle a tiny $1 Billion program?

Exactly! This program was substituting Washington's political interests for economic concerns (which Washington elite, especially on the left side of the isle, habitually ignore). They severely underestimated the cost of this program, as they ALWAYS do. Medicare and Medicaid were also SEVERELY underestimated at the time those programs were initiated and now they are bankrupting America. Do you trust them with health care?

Look at the used car parts market and how this is effecting them. The cars turned in on this program cannot go to a junkyard and be picked for parts. The legislation requires that the entire car (drive train and all) has to be crushed, melted down or otherwise rendered useless as a car part. This is due to a political interest of getting people in more "environmentally friendly" cars with better gas mileage (read; less safe). That environmental interest has economic consequences that are ignored by the politicians.

This is also reflected in the gas mileage requirements of the vehicles being turned in and in the vehicles you can purchase on this program. The program is pushing an environmental agenda by trying to artificially create and/or grow the market for more "environmentally friendly" cars with better gas mileage.

This program does nothing but redistribute wealth in the inefficient fashion that only government can do. It ultimately works against economic recovery because of that. If the people had been allowed to keep their money then the money would be distributed in the economy much more efficiently and actually work toward economic recovery.

People are taking running cars that have been paid for.
Destroying them.
And then borrowing more money to buy another car.
It's wasteful and damaging to the economy on every level.

Whenever the government jumps in to solve a problem, they make the situation worse. And then they feel compelled to try to solve the resulting problem.

Now, good cars are being destroyed. The used car market is going to be limited, driving used prices up.

The parts market is going to be hurt. So people who don't want to finance a new car are going to be unable to find good replacement parts. And since the big three rarely support their products after eight years, this will make owning a good older car even more expensive, difficult, impossible.

And people are taking on even more personal debt by financing a new car.

Even the dealers are going to get hurt by this. Yes, they'll sell cars this month.. but once the incentive is gone, there will be a drought. PLUS- it'll further drive down the costs.....

No one in D.C. understands economics.
They all think that they know better.

Even the dealers are going to get hurt by this. Yes, they'll sell cars this month.. but once the incentive is gone, there will be a drought. PLUS- it'll further drive down the costs.....

Oh, don't you worry. Obama and Co have this covered. They'll just rush another 2 billion through. Then another... and another. :D

I got to thinking...

Are motorcycles eligible in this program? Take in a clunker car and get a motorcycle?

After a little bit of research, the answer is "NO". Well, why not? I mean, a motorcycle is much, much, much better for the environment, no? 40+ MPG, less resources to make it, etc etc. This just goes to show one thing. The Auto Manufacturer corporate welfare is going nice and strong.

And let's not mention the fact that most people going for this program are buying Asian cars! Oh, the irony!

I got to thinking...

Are motorcycles eligible in this program? Take in a clunker car and get a motorcycle?

After a little bit of research, the answer is "NO". Well, why not? I mean, a motorcycle is much, much, much better for the environment, no? 40+ MPG, less resources to make it, etc etc. This just goes to show one thing. The Auto Manufacturer corporate welfare is going nice and strong.

And let's not mention the fact that most people going for this program are buying Asian cars! Oh, the irony!
You stop badmouthing the gubmint. They know what's best for us bitter clingers. :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.
Back