issues with 2001 Ls battery

khaz

New LVC Member
Reaction score
This all started when I got a jumpstart after leaving my lights on. I was driving and out of nowhere my car wouldn't move in reverse. The engine just revs . I drove to get.to a transmission shop and they checked the fluid which was good so he said I need to replace the transmission. I drove home and the reverse gear started to work for a short time than it stopped working again. That same night I left the keys turned over in the car and the batteRyan died again. Now when I try to jump start it . It makes this funny clicking sound. And it won't even start the engine. Now my car is just sitting and I can't even start it. What is thproblem

Wow.

For starters, you are irresponsible with your vehicle.

K so the clicking sound is because you dont have any power going to the starter. Your bettery could be killed from running it dry like that so you could be looking at a new battery to get it started OR Charge it up with one of those battery chargers you can get at the auto hardware shops.

The LS is equipped with an AUTO feature for the lights, which most people use. Why were you not using the Auto head lights? That alone prevents you from 'accidently' killing your battery.

Whats your engine size? Is it the 6 or 8?

... And why the hell were your keys left in the ignition turned over?????? You TRYING to get your car stolen?

The problem is you didn't take it to the dealer for a proper diagnosis.

You killed your already weak from age battery. You need to replace it. Get the correct one that has the vent tube connection and be sure to reconnect the vent tube. It's easiest to get it from a Ford/Lincoln dealer and the price ($115) is about what you would pay anywhere else that has the right one anyway.

The transmission could be as simple as a wiring or solenoid assembly issue, or something much more. Where ever you took it, you don't want to go back there. They didn't even try to diagnose it. Go to a dealer (diagnostic charge about $100), or find a good local (not chain) mechanic with experience with your specific transmission.

I usually take good care of my car and that was odd behavior for me. I have a 8 cylinder.

So I guess I'll get it towed to a dealer

So I guess I'll get it towed to a dealer

If you tow, USE A FLAT BED TOW!

This vehicle is RearWheelDrive and thats extremely important to how the vehicles towed. There was already one person recently on here who had their LS towed front end up and wounded up seeing smoke out of their Transmission.

You must NEVER Tow this car front end up. They have to either Lift the rear end (front tires on the ground) And lock the steering Or Flat Bed. I HIGHLY Recommend Flat bed on the LS.

Members online

No members online now.
Back