Isolating and keeping the SUB freq. from reaching (bouncing back) into the Trunk ??

Dino'sLSdeuce

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
First of all...I'm attemping for the "ump-teenth" time to "finalize" my LS audio
system. So I could finally be done with it and stop half-a$$ing and B.S'ing with it??

Dino's LS- Audio Power 001.jpg

Would "partitioning","isolating" or "seperating" the Sub's frequencies from
"bouncing" or "reverbing" back into the trunk (and behind the box) make any
difference in noticeable sound ?? and or produce less (or remove entirely) the
rattle from the trunk lid ??
*See example below...(Side View)...

Dino's LS Question.jpg

...STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION... Double Dynamat Xtreme throughout trunk...
My amp rack is same thinkness as my audio's power distribution (1/4" mdf) and
there is currently more then enough room for the bass to pass through either
the sides or the top of the (2 amp) rack. I would just like a "cleaner look" and
would like to know if partitioning the front of sub box with 1/2' or 3/4' mdf will
give me better bass reproduction and less exterior rattle ?? I'd really like to
hear any "relevant" input and info. cuz, I really need to stop B.S'ing with this
overdue project of mine. I'm getting way too old to be messing w/ my stereo
over and over and over again... -THANKS ALL in advance...

Dino's LS Question.jpg

Dino's LS- Audio Power 001.jpg

I have my amp mounted onto to back of rear seat. I am currently running a rockford fosgate single sub and yes the trunk does rattle. I too will be working on a way to get rid of the rattle on monday after I upgrade to a 1200 watt dual sub by Kicker. I will report back as soon as I get everything set. Most of the rattle comes from the license plate which can be solved just by adding some insulation (probably half a sponge).

If you don't want to deal with problems due to cancelation, there is basically three ways to do it.

1 have a normal sub box facing the back of the car (most rattle)

2 Having a free air set up (medium rattle)

3 having a box facing forward all the way toward the front of the car (and here's the hardest and most important part) having it completely sealed and isolated from the trunk area (almost no rattle)

Without properly sealing the cabin side with the subs away from the trunk area, I have never heard forward facing subs sound better than rear facing subs

As far a getting rattle from the plate...

I went to auto zone and got a plate mounting bracket that screwed into the bottom of the plate surround which gave two screw holes for the bottom holes of the plate. Not my plate has four tight screws and I have zero rattle coming from it...

Members online

Back