is this price correct for this part?

rickztahone

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
so i noticed my car was leaking over the weekend. turns out that it was a cracked reservoir for the coolant. of course the part is dealer only and he tells me it's 135 + 80 for labor. is the 135 right? it seems kinda high to me for it just being plastic. i would've tried to do it myself but i just have no time to do it myself. i hardly had time to take it to the mechanics as it is. well if anyone can let me know if they've replaced this part before or know the price, i just want to know that i didn't get ripped off. thanks a lot in advance guys

Believe it or not that's about what I would expect from a dealer. Check for it online, I would guess that you could find it much cheaper on eBay, but then you would have to put it in yourself. Good luck!

tank

The part number is 5W4Z-8A080-AA list is $108.77 LVC is $78.31 plus ups.
I have it in stock.
Max

i could've saved some money but the thing is the car was leaking so much that i couldn't drive it any longer without it using all the coolant. i wish i would've had time, and i paid 80 for labor. still, it looked like a difficult install and i think he had to remove the wheel and the splash guard. next time i will definately get it off here. btw how much is a cabin air filter? i saw it on ebay for cheap but maybe it's cheaper through a vendor here. thanks again guys

I had that problem before few years ago. I bought it from the dealer for about $100 if I remember correctly and changed it myself, took me about 30 minutes.

the pollen filter is $29.09 retail and LVC is $17.02 plus ups. P/N is different for 99-02 and 02-up.

Max

Members online

Back