Is this normal?

Bobo123

New LVC Member
Reaction score
LS 2003 V8
5R55S with ETC

In response to the transmission having harsh shifts:
16,919 (27,000km) Top up fluid level and tests OK (1 hour) (warranty)

Then for similar symptoms, plus loud clanking into reverse
21,459 (34,335 km) Replace Solenoid Body, Replace VSS Sensor, Refill Trans, Reconfigure Trans, Confirm PCM latest, Road test (4.4 hours) (warranty)

Then for similar symptoms:
31,187 (49,900km) Re re Trans pan, re and re Valve Body, replace Shift Solenoid block, clean re-usable pan gasket, Reprogram PCM, Road test (4.6 hours) (warranty)

I bought the car subsequent to that.

Clunks fairly often under slow accelleration but almost never under hard accel from gear 2 to 3. Clunks to the point that I've started coming to complete stops instead during a rapid slow down followed by accelleration without coming to a complete stop...

At 64,000 (102,500km).. I have received code P0775 (Presure Solenoid B) and it has trouble completing the shift from 1 to 2 and will not go at all into 5 (on SST it indicates 5, but it still feels like 4, then check transmission light comes on)

Seems to drive from 2 to 3 and 4 and back without error codes or extra complaints.

So as per codes: solenoid block is gone again... but it could be the overdrive band or what else is gone who knows... ???

2 x solenoid bodies, 1 x VSS sensor, 1 x Valve Body, 1 Reprogram AND now the solenoid body is gone again... during 64,000 miles.

Am I having a bad hair day... is this normal/acceptable/to be expected... or are we missing something in our repairs?

Members online

No members online now.
Back