Is this my wife's heater climate control valve again?

gaylemike

LVC Member
Reaction score
I read several stories about the Lincoln LS HCCV and it's problems. I have a 2005 Lincoln LS that in 2009 I had it replaced and had no more problems with it until I think now. Here is what happened..........I was at work and my wife was driving her car, the LS, and said she immediately drove home because the AC was working perfectly and then it started blowing out really hot air. I decided to check it out and got in it, drove it to get gas, then drove it about 10 or so miles. Perfect AC with no heat blowing out. Does it go out like that too? When it went out on us it stayed out, or is something else wrong that I don't know about. Two weeks ago I had to replace the alternator twice because the parts house sold us one that lasted 3 weeks and then went out. The check engine light came on and it check out that B1676 and P0020 came up and the parts manager told me it wasn't a big deal and then this happened with the heat from the AC ducts. Any correlation??? Otherwise any help here would be appreciated.

Mike

It's DCCV (Dual Coolant Control Valve). You'll get better search results with that.
Yes, it could be the valve again, especially if you didn't replace it with the Motorcraft one. Yes, they can fail intermittently at first.

B1676 = low battery voltage at one of the modules. I assume they didn't tell you which module it came from? I would expect this one if you had alternator problems.
P0020 = A Camshaft Position Actuator Circuit/Open Bank 2, which is interesting.
Neither of these has anything to do with your heat problem. You can run the self diagnostic on the climate control, but it won't pick up all faults.
http://deneau.info/ls/s6x~us~en~file=s6xc0003.htm~gen~ref.htm

Yup it could be your dccv since it has been 6 years since you replaced it. Also did you get any leaking in the cooling system or replaced any coolant hoses recently if this did happen you may have air in the system. And also is it blowing hot from both sides or one side?

Got to drive her car yesterday and it performed flawlessly. Those two B1676 and P0020 don't seem to be causing a problem. I'm going to try to check it out but working 60+ hours week and driving 2 hours round trip to work sucks big time. Yes I did replace the first time with Motorcraft. I find it unusual that it's working fine right now though. Thought I'd have to call in and take a day of vacation to check out though. Any idea if B1676 and P0020 could be causing problem/damage that isn't obvious?

Mike

Members online

No members online now.
Back