Is this car stereo a good buy? Is it worth the price?

bluejet

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So basically I don't know anything about stereos, but I want a really good one, Especially for bass. Will this one do?

01414_gvX5zidRueE_600x450.jpg

00808_bHGQsWSGEeM_600x450.jpg

http://macon.craigslist.org/cto/4011831986.html

01414_gvX5zidRueE_600x450.jpg

00808_bHGQsWSGEeM_600x450.jpg

It'll definitely deliver the bass. They're my favorite subs and the Audiobahn amps aren't bad either. The Profile amp is kind of low end (looks identical to the one they sold 20 years ago when I did car audio) but it's for the highs which don't really count for much if all you're into is SPL.

The crazier thing is I think I know Nosh (the seller). If he works (or used to work) at Pizza Hut then it's the same guy. No way did I expect to see the ad is for something for sale right here where I live!

I think your car may have issues delivering the current to power this much without doing some serious buildup of the charging system. I've also read that it can be a real PITA on an LS to do that so be sure before you pull the trigger.

Seems to be a bit much for an LS without mods to your charging system. Too bad he took it all out so you can't listen to it.

With $2000, you can build one helluva system that will fit, sound, look and perform much better in an LS. Also, you'll have the satisfaction of building it yourself.

Now worth the price and I call total bs on his stated score of 165db's. I am a competitor in dBDrag since 1996 and that kind of score has NEVER been recorded by a trunk car and especially with 2 12's. Anything over a 50 in a trunk car is very very hard to do even with seasoned vets so I wouldn't trust what he is saying. You can get a lot more for the money and I'd will to guide you on something that would be cheaper and better.

for $2K, get a good 1kw amp, one real good sub, build or have a box built. you could probably still have enough to buy a full set of door speakers, a deck, and possibly an amp for them (or just start with a sweet 5ch amp in the beginning)

Members online

No members online now.
Back