Is this a f*cking scam or what?

JWerner2

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So, I am on the hunt for a pup finally. Im thinking it might be a Mastiff or related, maybe a St. Bernard.

I post a add on CL stating I am looking to adopt a Mastiff and I get this reply:

Hi,
I am actually giving Zoe out because my dog gave birth to 4 puppies and i work with a global,broad-based health care company devoted to discovering new medicines, new technologies and new ways to manage health. Been at home all the time to take care of this puppies is really difficould for me, I have already given all Zoe's brothers out and Zoe is still here at home with me with her mom and I really need to give her to someone who can really care and love her just the way i used to.
Zoe have been very lonely since her brothers were taken so the best thing i decided on as my colleague advised me was to send her to a loving home like her brothers and You have make me convinced that your home will be the best place for Zoe , So I can pay for her flight from Virgin Island Cameroon to you at your location and all you will have to pay is her temperature regulator crate fee which is $80 that the airport request before they can fly her to you. we will take her to the airport and book for her flight and get back to you with the flight information (departure and arrival time) then the airport will call you with information on her delivery to your house OK,
it is just about 3/4hr flight from Virgin Island to your location. So if that is OK with you ,get back to us, with your Full named the way you want it written on the transfer of ownership document, home address were she will be delivered to and your phone number. My Baby is so animated and will keep you entertained for hours. She really had her own distinct personality,loving and very affectionate personalities are standard with other animals. She is very affectionate and like to give kisses all the time attach are some of her shots..
hope to read from you soon.
Thanks and waiting...

What the f*ck? Virgin Islands looking at a DE CL ad?

Heres the pics....

zoe%20engli.jpg

zoe%20eng.jpg

zoe%20engl.jpg

zoe%20eng.1.jpg

Man, I almost wanna believe but Im freaking out,.... this is bizarre!

My instincts would tell me first that it is a scam, but it doesn't say they are asking for $500 or anything. Nothing really to be gained worth their time if it is it seems. The only thing I would be leery about is if you gave them a CC number or bank account info to transfer the $80. Then they could try and suck you dry. We've heard it before, "If it is too good to be true, then it is".

I dunno.

Is there a Cameroon Island in the Virgins? Cameroon is in Africa.

His grammar is bad for someone that claims to work in his field. But he is of different nationality and that dog is cute as all hell.

EDIT: There is but its British owned ( or is it? ) not US which means customs would be involved.

So I can pay for her flight from Virgin Island Cameroon to you at your location
So, is she from the Republic of Cameroon (Africa) or the Virgin Islands (Caribbean), and would those be the US Virgin Islands or the British Virgin Islands?

Scam all the way. Even if it's not, unless she really means the US Virgin Islands (and maybe even then), I'm almost certain that she can't just put the dog on an airplane--there are usually quarantines for moving animals between countries.

it's just the first step of the scam

the 80.00 is bait

they will send you either 800 or 8000 and say it was a bank mistake..then the scam unfolds.

run dont walk away

So, is she from the Republic of Cameroon (Africa) or the Virgin Islands (Caribbean), and would those be the US Virgin Islands or the British Virgin Islands?

Scam all the way. Even if it's not, unless she really means the US Virgin Islands (and maybe even then), I'm almost certain that she can't just put the dog on an airplane--there are usually quarantines for moving animals between countries.

Exactly why I mentioned customs being involved if its out of the US. I work in the pet trade and 80$ sounds right for a crate for a pup its size, its not like I need a full grown 48" crate for a adult Mastiff. How ever my brother in law just had a Leonburger flown into CT from Nebraska and they got it right at the airport without having to deal with quarantines.

IHis grammar is bad for someone that claims to work in his field. But he is of different nationality and that dog is cute as all hell.
English is the primary/official language of both the US and British Virgin Islands. Then again, it's also the primary language in the US, and you see the crap that passes for it around here...

JW, I don't think your pic uploaded of the dog.....Curious what it looks like.

JW, I don't think your pic uploaded of the dog.....Curious what it looks like.

I can see them fine.

Anyone else?

Sooner, good point how ever im sure its " broken " English at that seeing its geographical location.

I copied the link provided to me in my e-mail account:confused: I have comcast and maybe its the security hence the reason I see it.

Now its saying they are to big to upload from my PC:mad:

Imageshack FTW! Beotches!

zoeengli.jpg

zoeengl.jpg

zoeeng1.jpg

zoeeng.jpg

Scam.

Why would anyone looking to get rid of a dog talk about what they do for living? :lol:

I think they are trying to reason with why they need to get rid of it.

But I do smell scam, I did ask for his name and full address and Im digging deep on this bitch cause if thats the dog and this is legit I want it!

i work with a global,broad-based health care company devoted to discovering new medicines, new technologies and new ways to manage health

My point is, who cares? You're trying to get rid of a dog. Say you're too busy, you travel too much, whatever. Nobody cares what you do for a living :lol: That's what normal people would do. I'm just saying that was my first tip that it was a scam. The rest just proved it.

My point is, who cares? You're trying to get rid of a dog. Say you're too busy, you travel too much, whatever. Nobody cares what you do for a living :lol: That's what normal people would do. I'm just saying that was my first tip that it was a scam. The rest just proved it.

I know,... I know. But you dont understand pet people man. They just dont wanna look like a pet owner that jumped into a huge responsibility like a Mastiff and just wanna give up cause they cant handle it.

Its not uncommon for people to spill the beaners like this.

SCAMMMMMM.... i was on the hunt for a bulldog exactly a year ago and got the same thing. not to mention from multiple people. if you ask they will send you a picture of the flight info and it all looks legit the only thing that stopped me was the multiple emails from different people saying the same thing. and the quality of the pics made me suspicious. after doing research i realized i almost got screwed. i will see if i can dig up the old emails and post them on here

Thanks, I just signed on to post its a scam. I googled the e-mail and I got a link, it no longer has available content but the description under the link told it all.....

http://www.google.com/search?q=dickron+ndo&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a

Its the do not reply link!

What a sick f*ck! Why do something like that to some one. Ripping someone off period sucks but when your looking into rescuing a pet thats just,.... they deserve to die! Flat out, and that was a awesome looking Mastiff pup.

Members online

No members online now.
Back