is there anyone here that loves the quiet stock sound of the LS over loud exhuasts?

Old mens like quiet. Removed 3rd cat, resonators and added an x-pipe, and I love it. Magnaflow mufflers replaced the stuck units as well.

It's just perfect IMO. Not too loud, not too quiet.

Ditto, I want the exhaust to sound good and maybe cover up the engine's sewing machine sound over 6k. Pype's mufflers on 2.5 with a 2.25 X sounds pretty good everywhere except WOT, then it has the warbling rattle sound like old Pontiacs do.

I like quiet on gutless cars. A noisy muffler on the LS is like a fart can on a Civic, all show and no go. If it's going to sound like it runs, it had better be able to, in my opinion.

Or am I one of the few that like the quietness of the LS?

It's how I perceive the car myself...to me it's more of a "luxury" type car than a hotrod, and a stylish car that should come off as smooooooth, clean & comfortable & quiet.

I've got the rumble packed inside my Mopar when I wanna tickle my ears :)

Like some others in this thread, I bought my LS because I wanted elegant, graceful performance. The American version of a BMW 5 series. Not a street racer. I like the quiet purr and somewhat throaty exhaust while throttling up. But, it's not the fastest car on the street. My next car may be either a new Corvette or Mustang Cobra. Then, I'll want it loud and serious!

My 2000 V6 manual with 251K miles is in need of one muffler on its original exhaust. I wish that I could find an OEM exhaust in good shape to replace mine with, rather than going aftermarket replacements, piece by piece (see rock auto exhaust system parts for 2000 LS). I realize that is probably not going to be found, and it's pretty tough shipping a stock cat back system as well. The prices are pretty sweet on rock auto, though, so that's probably what I will do. I just need to figure out where on the stock system we can cut and splice in aftermarket clamp style exhaust parts. I don't really like the sound of a V6 with performance exhaust, it reminds me of angry bees. Like others are saying, a healthy growl under the hood does sound nice, which I do have.

My 2000 V6 manual with 251K miles is in need of one muffler on its original exhaust. I wish that I could find an OEM exhaust in good shape to replace mine with, rather than going aftermarket replacements, piece by piece (see rock auto exhaust system parts for 2000 LS). I realize that is probably not going to be found, and it's pretty tough shipping a stock cat back system as well. The prices are pretty sweet on rock auto, though, so that's probably what I will do. I just need to figure out where on the stock system we can cut and splice in aftermarket clamp style exhaust parts. I don't really like the sound of a V6 with performance exhaust, it reminds me of angry bees. Like others are saying, a healthy growl under the hood does sound nice, which I do have.

Look at Walker Quiet Flow. They do an OEM for most any car you can think of, are OEM quiet but flow about 30 percent more than an OEM muffler. The 'ol lady likes them electric car quiet. I've used them in the past with great success, although not on an LS.

If there was room....ELECTRIC CUTOUTS!!!!

I found the room to put mine in ;)

Having the electric cutouts is definitely the best of both worlds, can take the gf out and have her not complain about it being to loud, but also flip a switch and turn everyone's' head.

... needed more volume. Bassani mufflers were the best of both worlds, great tone, a little throaty but not too much ... enough to be heard and get double looks ...

smiley-score010.gif

Always get complimented on the great sound of my Bassani, X-pipe w/ no Res setup. Chrome tips coming off this season though.

Like a couple of the previous posters, I think the exhaust of the LS V8 suits the car perfectly. It has a nice growl when you get on it, but other than that it's nice and quiet like a Lincoln should be.

Random story about luxury/sport car exhausts: I drove a CTS-V a couple of weeks ago. I didn't get much chance to really get on it (it was a short test drive, there was a special event in town and there were cops everywhere), but they exhaust seemed really quiet for a car of that performance. I expected it to be quiet when cruising (it's a Cadillac, not a Camaro), but I also expected at least some growl when accelerating. Maybe I just didn't get on it hard enough (the problem with any high performance street car; there's no place to use all that power without ending up in jail).

no its way too quiet, you can barely hear the blower whine even when you're really on it. and no where near enough volume from that LSa!!!

I get that its a cadillac, but at least it should have WOT activated cut outs or something... there is no excuse for a 500+ hp car to be that quiet.

if i'm buying something that powerful, I definitely want it to sound like a ZL1/ZR1!

Members online

No members online now.
Back