Is there any benefit to adding an X-Pipe to Ultraflo X ?

Scallywag

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
For the WF in the coming week I'm going to put a dual in/dual out(Borla, Magna or Dyno) in place of the stock H & 3rd cat and will add it to the mandrel bent system I bought again from TRUBENDZ.

trubendz_exhaust_mark_93_dual_tubing_x_final2a__93447.1420318034.576.648.jpg

The thing is I didn't realize until I received the package that they now include the crossover pipe that is very similar, if not the exact one, some of us have previously purchased from ebay and don't want to let it go unused. I've seen some of yous running 2 X-Pipes in the center and am thinking that maybe I can do the same but am unaware to the pros/cons of running Dual Xs.

Would it be a difficult fit being that the X from TRUBENDZ is shorter than the other DI/DOs?

How is the sound effected by running 2 X-pipes instead of a single X or single DI/DO?

What's the difference in that one is an X pipe the other is a Muffler?

You know, those kinds of things. Any and all input is appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Is that right? Well I just might do it then because I don't want to have to pay the muffler shop another service fee to add the extra component when I realize I have too much drone for my taste.

I just have to choose which brand of Dual In/Dual Out I want. Granted, I've only heard soundclips of Dynomax duals on YouTube, but the other 2 I'm considering(Borla & Magna) I imagine sound just as badass if not more than Dynos.

It makes more power and less drone. I like the Magnaflow 2 x 2 1/2" in and 2 x 2 1/2'" out resonator. It is also a very good internal X-pipe. Thats all I run on the supercharged Mark VIII but it is a little loud but no drone. You could add any mufflers of your choice in the rear.

100_0233.jpg

Yea I just might end up doing the X-pipe that came with the kit along with the UltraFlo X that I ordered.

As for mufflers, from within the family I'd prefer to buy some XpansionsX II if still available or the ones from SCP. Outside the community I like the clips I've heard from Borla, Dynomax bullets & UltraWelds, & Magnaflow.

I have 2 pairs of Cobra headers and Bassani down flanges that I'd like to use on the K4 & WF, but then that would probably involve me having to do the steering modification to get a good fitting, of which I'm not so confident in me doing.

K4 and WF? huh? also..how have i never met you if youre from Franklin Park?? I work in Schiller Park and dont live too far away.

K4 is deep navy blue, 97 only i believe, and WF is white pearlescent, the 98 metallic white.

ahh didnt think of the color codes..got it

K4 and WF? huh? also..how have i never met you if youre from Franklin Park?? I work in Schiller Park and dont live too far away.

Yea, I usually reference my Marks by their color code rather than the whole "Deep Navy Blue", "White Pearl" etc. The Mark that got 0wN3d in Feb is Light Prairie Tan but I usually called it the BA here & abroad.

I suppose we haven't met because I haven't put myself out like that since I'm usually lurking unlogged in search of Mark VIII information to continue brainwashing myself with. If memory serves correct, I think we've touched up before that I work in Northbrook and that you're by the racetracks / courthouse in Arlington Heights. I'm always on the lookout for your whip when passing through the Heights.

I did the same thing. I search and read post for years unlogged. I have had Marks since 1992 and Mark VIII's since 1998 so by the time I bought my Gold 93 Mark VIII for a Hot Rod I already knew exactly what I wanted to do to it. There use to be some folks on here years ago that would tear you to shreads for one little slip up.

Members online

Back