Is there a way to set instant MPG on cluster?

Sincoln

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Noticed mine only seems to show AVG mpg. and not instant? My Mark VIII had both options. I used to always keep it on instant, as it helped me keep my foot out of it.

I don’t use any of the message displays. I keep everything turned off.

However I did select and check them all when I bought the car, and I don’t recalling seeing an instant MGP display.
A quick check of the owners manual for my ’02 -- there is no mention of it.

That's so odd. I tried searching before posting, and found a thread where older (mid/early 90's) Continentals apparently had it enabled. The display should be capable of it, as it tracks average mpg, which is affected by the instant numbers. Bet it's just locked out in the software somewhere.

I don't remember seeing this about the display. However you can push the button on the message console it will cycle through the checks the car goes through. It may show up on there.

Nah, not in the system checks. If it had it, it'd be in the same menu area as the average MPG indicator. More than likely, hitting "select" would cycle between the two options, as I think that's how the Mark was. Sometimes display menu have hidden options that can be accessed via external software, or selecting/holding certain button combos, etc. Was hoping it was the latter.

Members online

Back