Is there a bigger trunk than towncar?

95ltc

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Well, is there? the 1990-1997 tc has 22 cubic feet and the 1993-1996 cadillac fleetwood has 21. I dont know if the newer tc's are bigger or smaller, but I would guess smaller.

I have never seen a trunk bigger than a Lincoln TC's or a 70's Conti TC, unless it is a station wagon or somethin.

Why do you need a bigger trunk than the Town Car? It can fit plenty of bodies. You planning a holocaust or something?

Depends on the year I know the Ford 500 has a bigger trunk the the 2003+ Town Car not much bigger though Ford 500 is like 21.2 and the Town Car is 21

don't know the measurement of it, but my father-in-law has a 90 or 91 fleetwood... damn thing looks like I could stack a cord of wood in there. (up here in northern MI, Wood is a primary fuel during winter for many!)

Of course, wouldn't do that, the car would fold in half or flip over backwards!

I work for Matthew's Rent-a-Car, and the Town Car has the biggest trunk of all the cars. However, I think the new impala might actually be bigger, but i'll have to check numbers...

My buddy's 71 New Yorker looked bigger

but I can't think of anything made in recent memory that is as big, or useful, as a TC trunk.

Coming from a fullsized Bronco this trunk has been a godsend at weening me off the huge cargo area that Bronco had.

Sixlitre

From my research, there is no CAR that has more trunk cargo space than the Lincoln Town Car. The second place goes to the Cadillac Deville, which has a 1 cubic foot smaller trunk. The Lincoln Town Car, since the demise of the Brougham, is the largest production car sold in America (Stat is old, but tell me if its wrong).

In America we need huge trunks to haul around that the crap we DON'T need! It's our right.

GT6

the newer 98+ have the same size...my boys put juice in them all the time and we have the same amount of space to work them...the 03+ i have no idea, i don't really like them!!!

The 2003+ has 1ft cubic feet less trunk space. All of my data can be obtained at this site: http://www.fueleconomy.gov/

Just enter the kind of car and it will give you the trunk volume. The 1985 (earliest year searchable) - 1989, 1990 - 1994 and 1995 - 1997 body styles have 22 cubic feet of trunk volume, the 1998 - 2002 and 2003+ body styles have 21 cubic feet. This is a very minor difference not noticeable unless you go looking up specs.

I love having all that room in there, as it helps when moving stuff. Its great if you put nos or ridiculous sound systems in, but I just like having the space.

GT6

i believe my 1964 continental hardtop has a bigger trunk than my 1988 town car.
i need to find specs on cubic feet, somewhere...

Its not the size of the trunk, its how you pack things...lol.

Here come the "its not the size, it's how you use it" people.

As far as the Continental you have, cars back then were giant, so its not surprising the size of the trunk. Try and look at ads from the time for that car and you might find that advertised. I've found out stuff about my Triumph by looking at period ads and reviews of it.

GT6

22 Cubic Feet Of Trunk Space?

Wow, I Knew My Trunk Holds Alot, And Is Quite Spacious, But I Just Now Learned That It Is 22 Cubic Feet. Just Joining The Group & Have A 96 Town Car Signature Series. I Never Knew My Trunk could hold more then My Refrigerator. Too Bad I Don't Use The Big Trunk To Get Groceries For The Fridge! I Love Having The Extra Space For Other Stuff, Though.

the biggest I have seen in person (not going by published numbers) was a buddies 58 ford with retracable hardtop... as long as the top wasn't stowed!

nothing like it!

yeah i've got an '89 towncar signature and the trunk is simply massive

i've got 2 10's in a ported box with amp, farad capacitor, bottle of oil, bottle of PS fluid, and the spare tire and i can STILL fit $500 of groceries in the trunk.

my buddy's got an '87 fleetwood brougham which definitely has a longer trunk, but it's nowhere near as deep and overall doesn't hold quite as much i think.

Now, these measurements dont include the spare or a cd changer right?

Members online

No members online now.
Back