Is the LS a/c super cold?

stateproperty3423

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Well, my prom was yesterday and it just happened to be 90+ degrees yesterday so I used my ac so I wouldnt sweat in my tux. Its the first time I used the a/c....It was a little cold but not freezing cold like I'd expect (my old galants a/c was so cold it gave me hypothermia)...so I guess that there is a problem with my a/c right? or is the ls ac just not that cold? any idea what the problem could be maybe I need a recharge if so i'm letting my warranty take care of that....also one more question i know this has been asked before but how come when I use the auto hvac no matter what temp I set it to 60-90 it always wants to use the a/c????

Actually, I have had a problem with this too lately. But mine is a 2001 and the a/c probably just needs juiced up.

I have an 02 and if im just idling or sitting it traffic its cool but once I start moving it gets unbearable.

stateproperty3423 said:
Well, my prom was yesterday and it just happened to be 90+ degrees yesterday so I used my ac so I wouldnt sweat in my tux. Its the first time I used the a/c....It was a little cold but not freezing cold like I'd expect (my old galants a/c was so cold it gave me hypothermia)...so I guess that there is a problem with my a/c right? or is the ls ac just not that cold? any idea what the problem could be maybe I need a recharge if so i'm letting my warranty take care of that....also one more question i know this has been asked before but how come when I use the auto hvac no matter what temp I set it to 60-90 it always wants to use the a/c????
Mine is weird sometimes it does sometimes it doesnt(i think its low) and i figured that if you use the recycle button it help keep it colder once i get it cold

i dont know if this helps.. but i just had the ac compressor replaced in a 94 continental.. and the a/c is soo cold.. give it about 2 min to max out and it feels reall nice

Hot here today. The AC was working, but not as cold as I remember my Mustang being.

Yeah LS air isn't Mustang cold. My previous 2 cars were Mustangs and both were colder.

However, the LS gets pretty f'n cold. Set it on 65 and you'll see what I mean. Mine does just fine here, even when its 110+. When you leave the car parked in the sun with the windows shut, however, the ducts heat up and it takes awhile to cool them off.

The reason your A/C comes on when you set the temperature to 80 or 90 is because the car wants to dehumidify the air so you don't get fog on the windows. That drives me nuts in the winter because the humidity is usually less than 5% here when it's cold, so window fog is the least of my concerns. I have had my car one full winter and I don't think I used the defroster once.

My 04 isn't what I would call super cold, I have to have the vents blowing on me in order to actually stay cool and it has yet to get really hot out here.

Thus far I've atributed the issue to a lack of window tint since my other vehicles with with tinted windows don't require me to have the vents blowing right on me in order to keep the cabin cool.

I have noticed that cars with ATC are NEVER as cold as cars with manual control. I think it has to do with the control of the blend door. I have had 4 cars with ATC and none of them have been as cold as my cars without it. Close...but never quite as cold.

Members online

Back