Is my wallet screwed? Cant get rear wheel off

reaper76

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Guys I need help. I had a few lug nuts on the rear passenger of my ls work loose. I tried to torque them back down not realizing that the threads were damaged. So now 2 of the 5 studs turn with the lugs so I cant get my wheel off now. Is this something a wheel shop will be able to fix? Thanks

Note: I searched a ton of threads and could not find anyone else this has happened to!

It happened to me, but it was only one lug.
It was on my 04. It was still under warranty at the time, so I had the dealer take care of it. They didn't act like it was a difficult thing to deal with. I think they cut the stud off.

It happened to me, but it was only one lug.
It was on my 04. It was still under warranty at the time, so I had the dealer take care of it. They didn't act like it was a difficult thing to deal with. I think they cut the stud off.

Do you think they got to it from the back somehow?

I have had that happen twice on my LS on the right rear. The stud has stripped in the hub. A shop probably has a method to get them off. I got mine off with a cold chisel to the lug nut and a hammer. It took hours and was not fun. Then you need to replace the studs.

One idea is to tack weld the stud from the rear to the hub and then remove the lug nut. If the threads are stripped on the stud you will need to grind out the weld to remove the stud. Not much room to work on this one from the inside of the hub.

Your best bet might be to take it to a shop and see what they can do. Good luck.

this one cost me 82 bucks! They had to remove the caliper and associated parts but I'm back on the road now.

Members online

No members online now.
Back