Is It Just Me Or...

A Lincoln Link

New LVC Member
Reaction score
every time i hear that *beeeeep* noise when my gas is getting low in my 96 tc, it scares the $H!t out of me for a split second!

just had to get that off my chest. anybody else experience the same feeling

Dont let your car get that low on gas ;) i hope your not one of those people who run your car until its on fumes lol those people annoy me :p

A Lincoln Link said:
every time i hear that *beeeeep* noise when my gas is getting low in my 96 tc, it scares the $H!t out of me for a split second!

I always think it's my air ride going again ;)

yeah, it scares me too, it could be anything, even though you know your almost out of gas.

You should not run your car that low on gas. If it is hot outside,
90 plus your electric fuel pump is not getting cooled by the gas
in the tank. Many cars have this problem, I assume Linclon puts
the fuel pump in the bottom of the gas tank also.

edwin10 said:
You should not run your car that low on gas. If it is hot outside,
90 plus your electric fuel pump is not getting cooled by the gas
in the tank. Many cars have this problem, I assume Linclon puts
the fuel pump in the bottom of the gas tank also.
I SECOND THAT!!! You will be replacing your fuel pump soon if you keep doing that. When the fuel pump goes less than a 1/4 on the tank, the pump is not being cooled and it makes the pump get hot and run harder. STOP DOING THAT TO YOUR CAR!!!

i drive it alot untill it gets doen to 50 miles left in tha tank, would that cause my car not to start after driving a while?

Just the other day mine did the beep noise and I'm all freaking out like something broke then I look at the message center just says Low Fuel.

$woop said:
i drive it alot untill it gets doen to 50 miles left in tha tank, would that cause my car not to start after driving a while?

Well if you drive for awhile on 50 miles of gas your car wont start up cause youll be out of gas ;)

i have never filled my gas all the way up, its always empty because i only get $20 here and $10 there. its terrible.

A Lincoln Link said:

My wife is chronic about letting her gas get low enough to cause the warning beeper to go off and it startles the heck out of her every time. I used to harp on the fact that it is not good for the car to let the gas get that low, but my words have fallen on deaf ears I'm afraid. I don't even know if my beeper works as I never run my tank below a quarter.

Members online

No members online now.
Back