Is anyone here going on the LLSOC to Wixom event?

2006kmls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I know they were planning a rally event for LS owners to go see the last of the LS production in Wixom by visiting the plant? Is anyone here going to go?

Or are we not supposed to talk about that here because its a "club secret"?

I would like to go but I am NOT a member of LLSOC. Sounds fun I think we should show up anyway. Come on LS owners should unite not seprate! HAHA

-Scott-

Ken Motz said:
I know they were planning a rally event for LS owners to go see the last of the LS production in Wixom by visiting the plant? Is anyone here going to go?

Or are we not supposed to talk about that here because its a "club secret"?

As far as I know (unless I missed something) the event is still in the ??? stages. Sometime toward the end of June was the last I heard. No secret, just not firmed yet.:)

I went to the last Mania event LLSOC had and it was a lot of fun. Everyday was packed with events. The best part is taking the Wixom plant tour and talking with all of the Lincoln execs, directors and engineers. If you haven't been you need to go. It will be the last time you'll see the Wixom plant building the LS.

After this Wixom plant tour and LS home coming we'll be driving to Hermosillio Mexico to see the new LS plant in 2007-08! That will be cool, and exciting....just imagine watching all the "FORD de Hermosillio" employees getting on the 120+ busses that pull up each day to the industrial park and take away the employees to their squallid slums in and around Hermosillio.....instead of talking with the Lincoln employees at Wixom who actually DRIVE a Lincoln or Ford product we'll get to talk shop with employees who will NEVER set foot in a FORD or Lincoln outside their factory! Do you think any of them will care about engine HP or transmission shift patterns or vehicle performance? Probably not?

But we could talk to them about the $9 a day they make or their aspirations to cross over the Mexico/USA border at Nogales and get into the USA and have a kid so they can get patriated and free housing, free medical care and free food stamps!

That will be a FUN trip! LS Mania 2008....woo hoo......lets all blaze a trail across the Rio Grand and hoot it up in Hermosillio with our LS's! Lets see how long the undercarriage and paint last in MEXICO on a Lincoln! lol

Ken Motz said:
After this Wixom plant tour and LS home coming we'll be driving to Hermosillio Mexico to see the new LS plant in 2007-08!
What in the hell are you talking about? Hermosillo just tooled up to make CD3 cars (Fusion/Milan/Zephyr); the chances are next to zero that they'll make D3 cars like the MKS. At this point, there's no decision on where the MKS will be produced, though, 'til recently, Atlanta was the leading candidate. It's also not beyond the realm of possibility that they'd be built in Wixom.

I hope you like Sonoran style tacos (corn tortilla, carne asada, cillantro, onions, steamed) because you'll be eating a LOT of them when we all go see the "new" LS factory!

The only way that car will NOT be made in Mexico, or some similar place, is if FORD can't get it done, or they file! If its made in the States it will be of nearly 100% sourced components regardless.

If they file bankruptcy in 2006 instead of the projected 2007 and are successful at unloading the pension plan then maybe it will be made in the states? Maybe? Until the filing, and they can flush the last 7 years worth of bonds down the drain, and the pension fund...then they'll have another 7 years or so to get it all out of the USA. As of this moment the clock is ticking.

If that platform hits any USA assembly plant it is DOA from day one from an EBITDA position. They will ship a trunk load of $100's with every car sold! The worst thing would be for it to be a success, because it would ruin the company financially.

Members online

Back