Is an '05 Deville still worth it?

We are in negotiations with the dealer. They said I was right about the leak and they'll have to remove the engine to fix it, if I still want the car, and they would want a higher price for it. Trying to work out a fair post-repair price for both parties. I figure if it's done there and guaranteed for life I'll give em a little bump for that. No future worries about that issue would give some peace of mind. I told them if they can juggle numbers and get the payment where I want it for 48 months, I'd go for it.

We are in negotiations with the dealer. They said I was right about the leak and they'll have to remove the engine to fix it, if I still want the car, and they would want a higher price for it. Trying to work out a fair post-repair price for both parties. I figure if it's done there and guaranteed for life I'll give em a little bump for that. No future worries about that issue would give some peace of mind. I told them if they can juggle numbers and get the payment where I want it for 48 months, I'd go for it.
Sounds good, at least they repaired it the correct way, and the issue should be gone for good. It sounds as if they are an honest dealership and you should be confident buying the car from them. Good Luck with negotiation and if you end up buying please do share more pictures, I am a huge huge fan of these generation Devilles (ever since they were new) and would love to see!
-eots44 :D :Beer

Nothing will happen till Monday afternoon when we meet again to discuss trade-in, etc. Will let you know what happens.

Ended up passing on the Deville. I was worried that a Ford shop wouldn't have knowledge of the finer points of Northstar engine R and R, plus the negotiations on price were not going great and I didn't want to negotiate any more for a car that might not end up put back together properly. May look at a DTS or two. Will let you know if I find one. Thanks for all your advice on this subject.

Ended up passing on the Deville. I was worried that a Ford shop wouldn't have knowledge of the finer points of Northstar engine R and R, plus the negotiations on price were not going great and I didn't want to negotiate any more for a car that might not end up put back together properly. May look at a DTS or two. Will let you know if I find one. Thanks for all your advice on this subject.
Ok, that's one of the things I worry about, I have always taken my car to the Cadillac dealership or at least a GM dealership for a repair because I'm afraid someone won't fix something properly. LOL. If your talking about the DTS from 2006-2011 like I said before I highly recommend it, they have won numerous awards and are well regarded by owners. They are also considered to be the used car bargain of the century because you can get fully loaded car like that for Honda Accord money. Im not sure of your budget but you could probably get a nice 2009 or 2010 with 50,000 miles certified and still under factory warranty for $18K-$23K.
For example something like this, this is not in your area unfortunately, but its a clean one owner, fully loaded 2009 with 42,000 miles for $17,997. Don't worry though because these kinds of deals are all over the place and there is sure to be one in your area. By the way you can get a 2007 for around $10K-$12K if that sounds better for your budget.
8292902012x640.jpg8292902098x640.jpg8292902182x640.jpg8292902387x640.jpg

8292902012x640.jpg

8292902098x640.jpg

8292902182x640.jpg

8292902387x640.jpg

That's a pretty car. I'm definitely looking in the 10-12K range though. Found a nice looking 1-owner '06 with 67k on it and a great carfax (dealer maintained all it's life) online that I might go and drive. Performance package and sunroof for 12,900. We'll see how it goes...

That's a pretty car. I'm definitely looking in the 10-12K range though. Found a nice looking 1-owner '06 with 67k on it and a great carfax (dealer maintained all it's life) online that I might go and drive. Performance package and sunroof for 12,900. We'll see how it goes...
That sounds great! I had an 07 DTS performance as a loaner car once and it was a great package, that was the moment I fell in love with them. I wanted to keep it and leave them my car! The Performance model was the top of the line for 06-07 and I would probably go with one of those. Good Luck! :D

Did a tranny flush on my LS today. Still looking at DTS's but gotta keep this one running well in the mean time.

Last edited:
Well, I finally pulled the trigger and bought this '07 DTS with 55K on it, dealer maintained. It has the same spec as the nice blue one above. Got it cheap because it had an accident on the carfax (non-air bag) and the wheels are starting to peel. The repair was good and the car drives straight. Hopefully I'll be able to R&R the wheels a little bit and keep them from getting worse. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Overall I'm happy with it so far and it's great for carrying my extra family members around. Took 5 people downtown the other night without a problem playing Sinatra on the Bose. Giving myself a back massage on the drive home from work every day can't be beat either :).

NewDTS.jpg

NewDTS.jpg

Congrats man! She's a beauty! Man I do love these DTS's they're just such handsome and clean looking cars. I tell you, last year when I was looking for a new car, I had to resist myself from looking at them, I needed and SUV with 4X4, but like I said if I didn't, I defiantly would have gotten one of these. Only 55K, you'll have to post interior pictures too! Lol

Thanks. I'll post some interior pics in the next week or two. The dealer promised to give it a full detailing, but I'll have to leave it there for a day or two. I bought it and drove it away before they had a chance to give it the full treatment (they were in the middle of prepping it when I showed up).

I understand lol I went and looked at a car a couple months ago, and the dealership didn't even have it offered for sale yet lol, it's was a nice car, too bad I didn't buy. 2001 Deville only 80k miles senior owned and garage kept. It was clean, especially considering it had not even been detailed at all yet.

It's in for detailing. should have it back by Friday afternoon. They gave me an '11 CTS as a loaner. Nice car, but I like the DTS (and my old Lincoln LS) better. It does have a panoramic moon roof which is pretty cool though.

The CTS you got must not have been a 3.6L. I have an 04 CTS with the 3.6L ands it's a very spirited engine and car, it's got some major balls for a V6! I think I saw somewhere that the 04 3.6L CTS has quicker 0-60 then the V8 LS. I also like the DTS more then that gen CTS, and maybe more then my CTS, but I've owned her since new and put 200,000 miles on her so she has a special place in my heart lol. I tell you, it's not hard to make the wheels spin, even with the traction control on, I've done my fair share of wheel spinning over steer accidentally on purpose lol ;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back