iPod to stock head unit

misery

LVC Member
Reaction score
So I have a 2006 TC, and I need a way to hook my iPod up to it. Before I bought the car, I thought, I’d just take out the six disc in dash changer and put in a Alpine head unit and hook the iPod up that way.

Well I've grown to like the stock head unit and the way it looks. Anyone know how to hook an iPod up to this?

Danke

http://www.crutchfield.com/

-outfit my car

-search by your car and factory stereo options.

-scroll down to iPod/Portable MP3 in My Car

-click first thing under there

-select your ipod

-click next

You'll prolly want a control system or a wired fm modulator. the fm transmitters usually have poor sound quality, and i doubt you have a cassette deck

If you want control get a Harman Kardon, but not the $399 one. they have one without a "full color" screen for like $99, if i remember correctly
There it is :)Its wireless fm, and when you click accessories you and upgrade to wired for $30

Most control systems and the wired fm modulators plug in between your antenna and head unit. Then you tune to a certain channel for your ipod, its like an fm transmitter, but wired directly to your radio so there's no noise/interference. That's the best way to go about it IMHO.

fm modulator

just go to best buy or even wal-mart and buy a fm modulator, they're like 75 bucks, thats how i have my wifes car...

-mine, i already have a pioneed deck so i used and interface and the ipod plugs right into it and i use the deck to change songs and stuff!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back