Ipod interface

Firthockeydog

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I've given up trying to figure this one out...

I have the Kenwood DDX512 head unit with the Kenwood Ipod cable installed to the back of the unit. When I connect the cable to the ipod and select Ipod from the head unit screen, it says disconnected, but you can play the Ipod through the system from the Ipod itself. How can I get control the device from the head unit screen?

Wasnt there some type of firmware update to fix an ipod cable issue?

Which ipod cable do you have, andwhich ipod model/gen?

I believe you only get audio through on the ipod touch. Thank Apple for that.

You have the right cable, in that it's the only cable that allows video playback. Unfortunately, not compatible with ipod touch. Just ipod classic video. You may need the 100 or 200 so at least some of the features work.

Here's a link to kenwood's site for the compatibility:

http://www.kenwood.com/ipod/kca_ip/eng.html

Have you performed the firmware upgrade? I'm not sure if there is one for the 512, but I'll check.

Yes, that's the correct one for the instructions.

I'm sorry, but the first link I posted for the actual firmware download was the orrect one. The 2008 navigation/multimedia receiver firmware update.

Here it is again, so there's no more confusion. Sorry! So you should've downloaded the update from this link:

http://www.kenwood.com/cs/ce/mm/firmware/2008/eng.html

Then use the instructions in the pdf file from the link in post #11

Again, if you look at the compatibility picture, you'll see that they only recommend the 100, 200, or old school IP500 for the ipod touch. the old school one may not work for you since you may not have the input for it.

Here's the pic. Follow the blue arrows. Also, I suggest trying a regular ipod on it to see what it does now.

cnt_01_eng.jpg

Sure they are. You won't get video playback either way with the ipod touch. So might as well go with the 100 or 200 cable.

This is a capture from kenwood's site showing cable compatibility:

kwipod.jpg

I'm out of ideas, other than emailing kenwood, or visiting your local car audio shop. They more than likely have ran into the issue before.

Members online

Back